Windows 10: Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

Discus and support Needing to ask for permission on essential applications in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SomeoneFromEarth, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications 0872ba3c-5374-44a7-a420-ec3d99ff7b6b?upload=true.png

As you can tell, this isn't very helpful. Is there a way for Microsoft to blacklist essential applications. Thoughts?

:)

SomeoneFromEarth, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions

Source: The OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions - Office Blogs

Brink, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

1. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications - Similar Threads - Needing ask permission

2. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  3. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  4. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  5. "Ask Permission" Error for Application

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Ask Permission" Error for Application: Hello, Recently I have disabled family features on my windows 10 computer. But whenever I go on to google chrome it says 'Ask for permission' so I click on 'ask by email' and an error message pops up saying 'Something went wrong. I am confused about this because even after I...
  6. Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password: I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the admin. It's the only account on my PC. I would assume that it would just ask for my password, but no password prompt ever shows...
  7. applications asking permission on every boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    applications asking permission on every boot up: About a month ago I performed a "clean boot" to try to fix a problem I was having running a game. Since then several of my applications have been asking me if I "want to allow this program to make changes to your device" every time I start up. This is the usual popup that...
  8. why does microsoft need to ask permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft need to ask permission: so basically whenever i use programs made by microsoft it asks me for permission to make changes to my device but why does microsoft need to ask permission on thier own service it doesnt make sense...
  9. Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application

Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application: Before a windows update, I was able to use an application however after the update, upon trying to open the application I am prompted to ask for permission; although the adults in my family did not change any settings. Why does this happen?...
  10. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...