Windows 10: needing to free up space on laptop harddrive

Discus and support needing to free up space on laptop harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to free up some space on my laptop and am seeing why its so full to begin with...it appears that its synched up to my dropbox account and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrandeeWallace, Jan 4, 2019.

1. needing to free up space on laptop harddrive

I need to free up some space on my laptop and am seeing why its so full to begin with...it appears that its synched up to my dropbox account and is also storing all my files from all my devices on its hard drive so I'm wondering if I delete some files from the dropbox folder on my laptop does this also delete the files from my actual dropbox account? and alsohow can I change my settings so that it doesn't keep storing everything that I send to my drop box account from my other devices and so that it only sends my files to be saved to my dropbox instead..?

:)

BrandeeWallace, Jan 4, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

needing to free up space on laptop harddrive

HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

needing to free up space on laptop harddrive

1. needing to free up space on laptop harddrive - Similar Threads - needing free space

2. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  3. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  4. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need to free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to free up space: Hello, i want to free up some space on my laptop. I can delete the files inside temp but I'm scared to delete the files inside temp. I will ask Microsoft if it's safe to delete files inside temp. If anybody knows other useless windows apps, files etc, reply to me with the...
  6. i need to free up space

i need to free up space: Hello, i want to free up some space on my laptop. I can delete the files inside temp but I'm scared to delete the files inside temp. I will ask Microsoft if it's safe to delete files inside temp. If anybody knows other useless windows apps, files etc, reply to me with the...
  7. I need to free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to free up space: Hi, i use Windows 11, i have a lenovo laptop with 117GB, i only have 27.8GB free, i wanna free up space. Can anybody tell me a list of useless files in Drive C: i don't know how the actual the files on my desktop takes 25.1 GB, i have 13 files on my desktop14 with the recycle...
  8. I need to free up space

I need to free up space: Hi, i use Windows 11, i have a lenovo laptop with 117GB, i only have 27.8GB free, i wanna free up space. Can anybody tell me a list of useless files in Drive C: i don't know how the actual the files on my desktop takes 25.1 GB, i have 13 files on my desktop14 with the recycle...
  9. Free up space in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...
  10. Free up space in my laptop

Free up space in my laptop: Hi there,My computer space in C Drive is running very low space and I would like to free up some space for it. I have installed TreeSize Free to instantly see what is using the space in C Drive but I don't know what should I do further. Please see the attached screen capture...