Windows 10: Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job

Discus and support Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer is stuttering and slowing. If you go to My PC it's easy to see that i have done what I thought when i bought the comp would be impossible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DougSteeves1, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job

Computer is stuttering and slowing. If you go to My PC it's easy to see that i have done what I thought when i bought the comp would be impossible, pushing 931 Gb on my hard drive. So a newer larger hard drive is the only answer. Prices have dropped, so now or never. The problem is getting a bootable hard drive with the existing OS. Does anyone know of good cheap software? Probably get a SSD drive later on so will have to do this again but that can't be helped.

Thanks in advance Doug.

:)

DougSteeves1, Apr 8, 2021
  2. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job :)

badrobot, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job

1. Needing to up-size my Hard Drive and need software to do the job - Similar Threads - Needing size Hard

2. Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.: I have the satellite p55t-a5116. I love this computer and it works great but it's old. The BIOS show 2014 but my new job requires 2016 or above. Is there any chance I can do that and get it updated or will I have to buy a new one?...
  3. Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.: I have the satellite p55t-a5116. I love this computer and it works great but it's old. The BIOS show 2014 but my new job requires 2016 or above. Is there any chance I can do that and get it updated or will I have to buy a new one?...
  4. Anyway to update BIOS needed for job.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hard Drive Partitioned with different software but needs a common program

Hard Drive Partitioned with different software but needs a common program: Partitioned computer with programs running on each that will interferer with each other when on the same drive. SO my question is that I need to have a program that connects to a scanner to be used with each individual program on the individual partitions do i need to install...
  6. Help needed with hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed with hard drive: Can anyone help me with this issue, basically it started yesterday when my computer decided to update itself and then ended up taking over 4 hours to get to 26% and so I decided to shut my computer down. After I had turned it back on it removed any changes or had done and...
  7. Need help in setting up a mirror hard drive on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help in setting up a mirror hard drive on my computer: This is a rather long request. Please bear with me. Steps Taken to Attempt Mirroring Drive Preamble I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop computer with a 2 TB hard drive. I have recently added a second 2 TB hard drive that I would like to act as a mirror RAID 1 for the...
  8. Virtual Job Seeker Needs Pathway

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Job Seeker Needs Pathway: I found an old laptop from a former job that has gone out of business. I need to open the LT, but I have forgotten the password,and of course, I don’t have an administrator any more. Are there any ways to get this LT open? submitted by /u/BiosyntheticStoma [link]...
  9. Need Hard Drive reformatting help

Need Hard Drive reformatting help: Hello everyone, I have got a external hard drive that was used for extra storage with a Dish DVR. We now want to format it for use on windows now. I been doing some research on it and everything so far I tried, didnt work. I have tried using Western Digitals Tool to do...
  10. Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?: I have this SSD hard drive: Samsung SSD 650 Series 2.5" SATA 120GB | for Business Do I need to defrag it? If so, what do I use to defrag it and how often? 27676