Windows 10: needing to use a business email address in sent folders

Discus and support needing to use a business email address in sent folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just switched from POP3 to IMAP in outlook. I am a consultant who needs to send emails using a business email address that varies depending on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pseudobc, Sep 25, 2018.

1. pseudobc Win User

needing to use a business email address in sent folders

I just switched from POP3 to IMAP in outlook. I am a consultant who needs to send emails using a business email address that varies depending on the company I am working with. Right now, everything is being displayed to the receiver as having come from my personal email. I need to know how to switch to an alias.

Let me explain this...

One company I work with has provided me with a company email address on their network. When they get replies to that email address, the server forwards the email on to my personal email address so that I can get them on Outlook on my computer (Windows 10, Outlook 365 home version).

I need to SEND emails with this address so that it looks professional. I need the ability to send personal emails from my personal email address as well.

Is there some way to select the email address seen by the recipient?

:)

pseudobc, Sep 25, 2018

2. How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

I'm not sure I understand how you know that the message in your drafts folder is sent. Is there some visible indication of this or are you assuming that it went and now sits in the drafts folder?

Anyway, I'm sure you're sending emails properly, but to confirm with you the following: when you compose an email and save it in Drafts, it will remain in Drafts even though you hit the Send/Receive button to send it. While in Drafts, it needs to be double-clicked
    back into the edit screen and then you press Send. It then goes into the Outbox folder and when you press Send/Receive it then goes to the recipient and your email gets saved in the Sent Folder. I just state this to make sure that this is all correct with
    you and that's what you have been doing.

If the above is what you have been doing, then I suggest that you send a test email back to yourself. Does this email still mysteriously moves into the Drafts folder? And do you eventually receive it into your Inbox?

If you are not receiving your email back to yourself and it moves from Outbox and into Drafts folder as Sent, then I would ask, is your email account a Pop3 or IMAP account?

One other thing: when in Live Mail, click on View and then on Storage Folders. A new listing Storage Folder with sub folders will appear on the left. Are there any emails (particularly the email in question) found in any of the boxes under Storage Folders?

Chriso747, Sep 25, 2018
  4. needing to use a business email address in sent folders

How do I remove a wrong sent email address from drop-down list?

I once sent an email to a wrong address. Ever since that the wrong address exists in the suggestion list whenever I write a new email. Like this:

I wanted send an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

However the first time I typed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and didn't find the fault until the system told me email sent failed.

then everytime I want to send to john, the wrong address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the time I type "j" in the "to:" position

Is there a way I can remove that wrong address? It is quite annoying.

Thanks!

Vane.Zhengliu, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

needing to use a business email address in sent folders

1. needing to use a business email address in sent folders - Similar Threads - needing business email

2. email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - *** Is your official email sent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - *** Is your official email sent?: I received an email saying that I won the lottery. It was sent by this email. Can you help me check it? Thank you. Reply<Changed to a question> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-email-address-is-removed-for-privacy/3ac94388-a2e1-4e52-a4f3-708b9eea8f4c
  3. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  4. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  5. Folder hyperlink sent through email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder hyperlink sent through email: I think this cannot be done - PLEASE prove me wrong:I have a staff of 20, all with varying windows knowledge. Some have zero. So to make this process as simple as possible would be ideal.I want to send them an email with a document, and also a hyperlink to the folder on their...
  6. Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  7. email sent to gmail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    email sent to gmail address: I keep keep getting "DELIVERY HAS FAILED TO THESE RECIPIENTS OR GROUPS" for an email I am sending to gmail account. I KNOW it is the correct address. Please help. thank you...
  8. I need a Volume Licensing Open Licence, my business email is *** Email address is removed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need a Volume Licensing Open Licence, my business email is *** Email address is removed...: I really need Software Assurance, but I don't know what is an open licence, but i really need Volume LicensingVLSC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-volume-licensing-open-licence-my-business/17c419b9-c6e5-4440-8670-7ca1a3bdd6db
  9. sent emails folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sent emails folder: How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-emails-folder/d4ab3fa9-df92-4824-818b-efc3aa879da1
  10. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder: Hi, I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows in the "SENT" folder twice but it is only received once by the recipient? Does anyone know why this is taking place and what...