Windows 10: Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative

Discus and support Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello: I recently switched from iPhotos/Photos on a Mac to Windows 10. I am trying to get the Windows 10 Photos App to work as I believe it should.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mniii, Nov 4, 2019.

1. mniii Win User

Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative

Hello:

I recently switched from iPhotos/Photos on a Mac to Windows 10. I am trying to get the Windows 10 Photos App to work as I believe it should. However I am struggling with getting the app to work as expected. 1) I can not aggregate any of my NAS photos which I can see from the file explorer and the drive map. 2) I can not import any JPG images from a USB drive.

Are there any useful forums anywhere for tweaking or troubleshooting the Photos App? All the Microsoft forums seem to have unanswered or unsolved issues regarding the Photos App.

Thanks,

Marvin

:)

mniii, Nov 4, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 4, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Alternative to Photo Viewer.

Hi. Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative :)

I am using build 10147 now, and Windows Photo Viewer is not working here as it used to. The new look/appearence of the Photos App is very cool, but is there any third party software that can be an alternative of the good old Windows Photo Viewer?

I want a program/app that will open a photo from explorer, will provide flip/rotate and delete options, and will shift to the next photo simply. A photo library organizer and integrated photo editor etc are not wanted by me.

Many thanks for your suggestion. Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative :)

4. drugo Win User

Alternative to Photo Viewer.

hi
    try Honeyview , there is a full stealth portable and a installation
    it' is amazing fast and respect color management adobe rgb , prophoto ,i rgb and so on

drugo, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative - Similar Threads - Needing Photos App

2. Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?: This photos app is straight up terrible. I've deleted and reinstalled, had the computer search for errors, restarted my computer god knows how many times and I'm just frankly sick of it. This app is **** and I was hoping there would be a better alternative for importing...
  3. Need your help/suggestions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need your help/suggestions.: Hello r/Windows10. I am very curious about whether I should update my laptop or not. Specs are: Intel Core i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz 4 GB RAM 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 1903 I don't have any graphics card or SSD on this laptop. Should I update my Windows 10 1903 to 2004 latest?...
  4. Alternative to Photo app - Using galaxy S8

Alternative to Photo app - Using galaxy S8: I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 to get a good quality camera to take pictures for ebay.... Windows 10 photo app import of pictures is absolutely trash With my previous camera and previous windows, I used a USB stick, SD card in it and it was very easy I used to just plug the...
  5. Suggest gamebar alternative

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suggest gamebar alternative: I am having some issue with gamebar, it automatically stops as soon I exit. So I was looking for the alternative to stream the screen. Any free or paid software you have in recommendation ? Thanks & Regards Shorya Singh...
  6. Alternative to Photo app - Using galaxy S8

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative to Photo app - Using galaxy S8: I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 to get a good quality camera to take pictures for ebay.... Windows 10 photo app import of pictures is absolutely trash With my previous camera and previous windows, I used a USB stick, SD card in it and it was very easy I used to just plug the...
  7. alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?

alternative to microsoft photos for windows 10?: I've tried everything and Microsoft Photos is unable to import pictures and videos from my iPhone. I respectfully ask that replies do not include troubleshooting for Microsoft Photos. Can someone let me know the best app for windows 10 for importing and managing pics and...
  8. Recommendation alternate Editing Software instead of Windows 10 photos app

Recommendation alternate Editing Software instead of Windows 10 photos app: I need an editing software where it can split a video into 2 clips accurately(by frames) and has the capability of a video project like Windows 10 photo app. Basically another alternative software just like Windows 10 photo app as currently my photo apps have serious issues....
  9. Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives)

Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives): It looks nice and I like that it plays gifs, there's a few things that is bugging me about this app. They changed mousescroll to scrolling next/previous instead of zoom. I use a Logitech mouse with Setpoint installed and because of Setpoint smooth scroll, it scrolls...
  10. Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365: I send/attach a lot of docs, sheets, etc. to emails but would like an alternative to Word, Excel...Is there a much lighter, comparable office suite, preferring free of charge, that I could download that would accomplish tasks easily and allow other users (my mail recipients)...