Windows 10: needs optimization

Discus and support needs optimization in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i opened my defragment and optimize drive option my c drive shows the text beside it as "needs optimization 19% fragmented" but when i clicked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Devi PrasannaMishra, Dec 1, 2020.

1. needs optimization

When i opened my defragment and optimize drive option my c drive shows the text beside it as "needs optimization 19% fragmented" but when i clicked to optimize ot is not getting completely optimized by showing ok beside it like my other drives. What is the problem?

:)

Devi PrasannaMishra, Dec 1, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2020
  4. needs optimization

optimization not available

Hi Brock,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Optimize drives Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Optimize drives Service.
    • Double click on Optimize drives Service and click on
      Start
      button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

needs optimization

1. needs optimization - Similar Threads - needs optimization

2. Please, I need help! (problem explained in the comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please, I need help! (problem explained in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GenisVenom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3b1tz/please_i_need_help_problem_explained_in_the/
  3. I need help understanding Delivery Optimization and what its downloading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help understanding Delivery Optimization and what its downloading.: Ill start by saying my internet is incredibly slow, so anytime my ping in my games get high or a download seems like its taking longer than usual I begin trying to find what is using up all my bandwidth. I have been having problems with Delivery Optimization eating up all my...
  4. Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragmentation needs Optimization on Windows 10-2004 feature update: Running the latest version of W10-2004. And under defrag; it indicates that i need to optimize every day!! this is not good i should not need to optimize every day. Someone please advise. Thank you...
  5. Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever I perform optimization operation on my ssd then after some time shows needs...: I just updated my window and now i a facing problem with ssd. whenever i optimized my Solid State Drive then after some time it show me Never Optimized, Needs Optimization....
  6. optimize drives the current status will keep saying needs optimization even thou it was...

in Windows 10 Customization
    optimize drives the current status will keep saying needs optimization even thou it was...: my win 10 installation the optimize drives will not remember it current status after reboot that it was ran and completed before the reboot. I know there a way to get the current status fixed but not sure what I need to do. Thanks Daniel [ATTACH]...
  7. need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10: will run defrag but after running and rebooting the computer it will show [ATTACH]o any help will be appreciated to get it fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-defrag-and-optimize-issue-in-win-10/984b71c4-4219-4bff-9b30-03c6c7ae6463
  8. System Reserve, Needs Optimization (100% Fragmented)

System Reserve, Needs Optimization (100% Fragmented): System Reserved Needs optimization (93% fragmented) after I select optimize and then quickly revers to 100% I see old tickets from 2016 but today is 2/11/2019 and problem not resolved and I have massive HD churn....
  9. Recovery partition needs optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery partition needs optimization: When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this? 81972
  10. Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings: Ok i come across alot of problems lately Every time i do clean installation its degraded somewhat. The idea is to make my laptop run as good as it gets with those capabilities it have etc. My problem is that since yesterday i didnt know that OS remembers settings in...