Windows 10: needs optimization

Discus and support needs optimization in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i opened my defragment and optimize drive option my c drive shows the text beside it as "needs optimization 19% fragmented" but when i clicked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Devi PrasannaMishra, Dec 1, 2020.

1. needs optimization

When i opened my defragment and optimize drive option my c drive shows the text beside it as "needs optimization 19% fragmented" but when i clicked to optimize ot is not getting completely optimized by showing ok beside it like my other drives. What is the problem?

:)

Devi PrasannaMishra, Dec 1, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2020
  4. needs optimization

optimization not available

Hi Brock,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Optimize drives Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Optimize drives Service.
    • Double click on Optimize drives Service and click on
      Start
      button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 help & how-to.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

needs optimization

1. needs optimization - Similar Threads - needs optimization

2. I need a method to stop delivery optimization from wrecking our internet. We have VERY slow...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need a method to stop delivery optimization from wrecking our internet. We have VERY slow...: I don't know what to do about delivery optimization. It destroys our speed for over an hour sometimes. I've disabled it in services, I've disabled it in regedit, Ive tweaked its settings to allow it the absolute smallest amount of data possible- and it takes all it wants...
  3. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!: HI Guys.My PC is working perfectly right now, and I have been told that this is nothing to worry about, but I find it irritating. I recently updated to the latest version of windows available and did my usual sfc and dism checks which were fine. I could'nt help but notice...
  4. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!: HI Guys.My PC is working perfectly right now, and I have been told that this is nothing to worry about, but I find it irritating. I recently updated to the latest version of windows available and did my usual sfc and dism checks which were fine. I could'nt help but notice...
  5. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Needs optimization 21350398 days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Needs optimization 21350398 days: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cythent [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wm1b4m/needs_optimization_21350398_days/
  7. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process: The Delivery Optimization background process has been crippling my bandwidth for the past week or so, and it keeps automatically restarting itself whenever I kill the process. I need a way to permanently disable Windows from using this background process so it will stop...
  8. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process: The Delivery Optimization background process has been crippling my bandwidth for the past week or so, and it keeps automatically restarting itself whenever I kill the process. I need a way to permanently disable Windows from using this background process so it will stop...
  9. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY

HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY: Hi Windows Community , My hdd saying needs optimization 25% space effeciency. So I decided to defrag it from command prompt. It didn't worked.Then scanned the hdd again same thing. So tried to do it from diskpart and formatted it.But when am optimizing it again the same...