Windows 10: Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

Discus and support Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying delete file/rename it,but saying needs permission from Adm,in which I am.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eugenejonesgoman, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

Trying delete file/rename it,but saying needs permission from Adm,in which I am.

:)

eugenejonesgoman, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Hydrate Win User
    File permissions to delete file

Windows is extremely confusing in its permissions and file ownership.*Sad

If Taking Ownership of the files does not work, then the ACL and permissions are misconfigured.

Permissions precedes the ownership, you can have ownership but incorrect permissions in accordance with the ACL Access Control Lists (Windows).

Microsoft - How Permissions Work

I suggest that you open powershell (Search > type powershell > Right click > run as admin) and execute this command:

Code:
    Code:
    icacls "C:" /t /c /q /RESET
    This command restores permissions to default for all files contained within C:\ quietly.

Followed by this command once completed:

Code:
    Code:
    icacls "c:\" /t /c /q Administrators:f
    This command restores full permissions to the Administrators on the computer, which I presume you are an Administrator.

And reboot the computer, and finally attempt to delete the file after attempting to retake ownership.

If that does not work, then I suggest using a third party utility known as UnlockIT:
    Downloads - UnLock IT

And download, install. Ensure you select customized installation.

Right click the folder that contains the files or the files individually that you would like to delete, and follow as here:

Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file wrqPMO6.png

Then this should delete all files you right clicked upon after restarting the system.

You should not run into issues regarding permissions after this, and if you do, post again and I'll look into it.

Side note: often times malware tends to hijack a system and fluff itself in permissions that benefit itself.

Hydrate, Jan 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

95Viper, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file

1. Needs Permission as Adm to delete and rename file - Similar Threads - Needs Permission Adm

2. Permission to delete file and folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  3. file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed

file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have found the location of the folder but it still will not let me delete or rename, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-will-not-sync-be-deleted-or-renamed/3ac31aa9-c9c9-49d7-863f-c161a50477cf"
  4. I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission

I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission: Hi hope you can help me I need to delete a file from OS but I need to have administration permission and I don't know how to find it, the file I am deleting has been save on the PC as my PC has a partition, OS and D file many thanks if anyone can help me...
  5. Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive

Cannot delete or rename files in Onedrive: I have a problem in Windows 10. Sometimes I cannot delete or rename files (images) that are in Onedive. This happens only if I use a third party program to do it. This has happened with several programs so it is an issue of an individual program. Copying the files and then...
  6. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...
  7. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  8. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...
  9. Need permissions for file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permissions for file: I am developing in c++ with the DevC++ IDE. This IDE automatically creates a .exe file when you compile and run. This will work fine for the first 10 times or so but eventually I get the error that I do not have the permissions for the .exe file that the IDE outputs. I am an...
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463