Windows 10: 'Needs to connect' message.

Discus and support 'Needs to connect' message. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10...MS Edge. Need help for a family relation.......we can't visit at the moment! She gets a full screen message....similar:- "Needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EJB986, Mar 7, 2021.

1. EJB986 Win User

'Needs to connect' message.

Windows 10...MS Edge.
    Need help for a family relation.......we can't visit at the moment!
    She gets a full screen message....similar:-

"Needs to connect to a few more services.
    Sign in quality.
    Keeps your files more secure.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Do it later........Correct now"

I don't know what is producing this notification as she insists there is no indication on the page.

Can someone identify this for me please?

:)

EJB986, Mar 7, 2021
  2. MoInSTL Win User

Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump and did not find Connect or Messaging. I'd like to remove both from my Start Menu. OS Build 16299.125

Anyone have a script or suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found Messaging Get-AppxPackage -allusers *messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *connect* | Remove-AppxPackage Did NOT work.

MoInSTL, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. 'Needs to connect' message. - Similar Threads - 'Needs connect' message

2. need help with error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with error message: Hello,I have an account for office 365 through my employer....however, when I try to run reports, a message keeps popping up that I need to renew my subscription...if I have a personal account I need that deleted...
  3. need help with error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with error message: Hello,I have an account for office 365 through my employer....however, when I try to run reports, a message keeps popping up that I need to renew my subscription...if I have a personal account I need that deleted...
  4. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  5. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  6. False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11: Since updating to windows 11 I am getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to click on the news and weather icon on the far left of my task bar on my desk top The error message reads "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet....
  7. False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11

False "NEED INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THIS " message on WINDOWS 11: Since updating to windows 11 I am getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to click on the news and weather icon on the far left of my task bar on my desk top The error message reads "It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet....
  8. Connection Error Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Error Message: Frequently receive below error message using Firefox and Edge. Internet connection and firewall checked. Often takes 2-3 refreshes, entries to access sites. Happens on all type sites. Comments appreciated ! 178769
  9. credentials needed message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credentials needed message: Hi all Constantly receiving this mssg from Gmail. Pretty sure its a scam but how do I stop it please? Many Thanks Tracie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/credentials-needed-message/c67175ca-e7ca-4be8-8def-305304b26b27
  10. Annoying message the needs a response.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying message the needs a response.: How do you stop - "What do you want to do with ca?" from choices.trustarc.com from appearing at the bottom of the Edge screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-message-the-needs-a-response/ce450e16-85de-4b8b-bd4d-9216906d1ec5