Windows 10: Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem?

Discus and support Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I’m a poor student and I need a microphone for my VO projects and singing projects. I bought a Neewer NW-700 and an Aokeo 48v phantom power supply.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lex_Dos, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Lex_Dos Win User

Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem?

So, I’m a poor student and I need a microphone for my VO projects and singing projects. I bought a Neewer NW-700 and an Aokeo 48v phantom power supply. An XLR to jack came with the microphone, an XLR to XLR came with the phantom power supply. I also bought a jack-input to USB cable.

The problem: I’ve looked at forum after forum and they all say this is the setup I need. However, after trying on both a Mac and a PC with Windows 10, they had the same problem. When I plug in everything phantom power to the wall, XLR from microphone to phantom power, XLR to jack and insert the jack, the microphone isn’t recognized. It doesn’t show up on either system. When I plug in the jack to the USB cable and plug THAT into the computer, it is recognized. Unfortunately, nothing is picked up. Same reaction on the Mac and Windows 10.
    What am I doing wrong? Here’s my setup and supplies.
    Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem? [​IMG]Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem? [​IMG]

:)

Lex_Dos, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Amy.K Win User

Microphone is Not Being Recognized on Laptop.

Hi,

I just got a new microphone (Neewer NW-700), and I have been trying to plug it into my laptop, but it has not been working. The laptop does not recognize it, so only the default microphone has been working. I have researched and tried some things, but they
    have not been working. Also, when I troubleshooted Hardware and Devices, it said that I had unknown devices, and that it has no driver. I don't even know if that unknown device is the microphone or not. Help?

Amy.K, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Robloxpal Win User
    Neewer-NW 800 microphone not working

Hi, so I have a bit of a problem with my microphone. I have a Neewer NW-800 Microphone, and it doesn't ever work in my computer. It always defaults to the normal computer mic, and it doesn't see that I have another mic plugged in when I try to switch my
    mic. I always select it as a mic-in on the Realtek HD audio manager. Can anyone please tell me why it doesn't work? It just never recognizes my microphone, even in Devices and Printers. My computer is an ASUS Q552UB 2 in 1 Laptop.

Robloxpal, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Dongleboo Win User

Neewer-NW 800 microphone not working

Neewer, like all other condenser microphones, requires power to function.

Laptops usually do NOT provide power on the mic line-in.

Desktops on the other hand do.

Just either buy a phantom 48v power supply ( $25) or buy a decent external USB sound card, which should provide power to the microphone.

It requires at least 3-4v to function properly.

Dongleboo, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem? - Similar Threads - Neewer 700 microphone

2. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  3. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with NW-700 microphone: Hello! I am trying to fix the problem with my microphone, a NW-700. When I plug it in to my headphone jack, the laptop mutes without the volume changing for some reason. Windows is possibly thinking that the microphone are headphones being plugged in. In order to hear sounds,...
  4. Issue with NW-700 microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  6. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working: I plugged in this microphone I got today into the USB drive and Microsoft only detects is at "USB-MIC". When I unplug the microphone that option goes away, so I know that the microphone I'm trying to use is the "USB-MIC". My computer has it as an option for an input device...
  7. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working: I plugged in this microphone I got today into the USB drive and Microsoft only detects is at "USB-MIC". When I unplug the microphone that option goes away, so I know that the microphone I'm trying to use is the "USB-MIC". My computer has it as an option for an input device...
  8. Microphone "Neewer NW-8000 USB" not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Make a microphone sound bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make a microphone sound bad: I need to make my mic sound bad for a joke, and I set it to 16000hz, and i was wondering if i can make it even worse than that? submitted by /u/Bungo-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f74pnw/make_a_microphone_sound_bad/
  10. Neewer NW-700 Condensor Mic in Windows 10 still doesn't work?!

Neewer NW-700 Condensor Mic in Windows 10 still doesn't work?!: Look, I'm going to be very blunt about this as this issue has been going on for literally 2+ years at this point... Windows 7, 8, 8.1 all had a pop-up that arrived when you plugged something in to the headset jack, asking what the device was (microphone, headset, etc). I've...