Windows 10: Negate/Disable Hibernate?

Discus and support Negate/Disable Hibernate? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop Dell 64bit chip, fwiw that has Win 10 Pro 64 bit. Things now work fine after my upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate which was upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by total1, Jan 7, 2020.

1. total1 Win User

Negate/Disable Hibernate?

I have a laptop Dell 64bit chip, fwiw that has Win 10 Pro 64 bit. Things now work fine after my upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate which was upgraded from Vista in "1842", ;-.

Under Win 7 Ultimate I could close the laptop's clam shell and it would 'sleep' overnight and awaken on the mouse movement. [Note: I have a monitor attached to the laptop so the laptop is below my desk].

Now, after several attempts, each 'sleep' becomes a hibernate which requires me to open the clam shell and cntl+alt+delete and then close the clam shell. I've gone into the Win 10 Pro Power & Sleep settings and set Screen: Battery=15 min; Plugged in=15min//Sleep: Battery=15 min; Plugged In=30 min.

I've also tried Additional Power Settings of Battery: Press Power Button: Sleep; Press Sleep Button: Sleep; Close Lid: Do nothing//Plugged in: Press Power Button: Sleep; Press Sleep Button: Sleep; Close Lid: Do nothing

What I want is when I'm away for a while or overnight is to require the Cntl+Alt+Delete not just sleep and re-awake on mouse movement or keyboard to have additional security,

What am I needing to do?

:)

total1, Jan 7, 2020

2. Cannot disable Hibernate

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if there are some settings on your computer that are affecting the power usage.
    It's also possible that hibernation is already turned off when you run the command for the second time that's why you're getting the error. To troubleshoot your hibernation issue, we suggest resetting all default power plans to its default settings.
    Here's how:

• Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Afterwards, you can try to disable hibernation again then check if the issue persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Negate/Disable Hibernate?

Windows 10 1607 Hibernates itself

Hi,

To disable the hibernate feature, follow these steps:

• Right-click Start, and then choose Command Prompt.
    • Type powercfg /h off.
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Negate/Disable Hibernate?

1. Negate/Disable Hibernate? - Similar Threads - Negate Disable Hibernate

2. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  3. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  4. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options: Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 2004 Control Panel -> Power Options, Hibernate is unchecked and there is no menu entry for it However, the machine does enter hibernate mode after sleeping for some time. This does not happen 100% of time but frequent enough. C:\hiberfil.sys is...
  6. Negative Pictures

Negative Pictures: All pictures appear as negative. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/negative-pictures/6f35d829-455a-483d-8171-30d255dc88cb
  7. Does disabling scheduled tasks have any negative effects?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does disabling scheduled tasks have any negative effects?: I don't like extra stuff running in the background. If I disable all windows scheduled tasks will there be any negative gaming performance? submitted by /u/OneTailor7 [link] [comments]...
  8. print negatives

print negatives: Can I print negatives in Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-negatives/c4fc3dea-7a5a-4d59-b3db-e23c5e84daf0
  9. Negative screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Negative screen: When I press CAPS Lock and Num Lock Keys and then plug in or unplug a USB device the screen turns negative for a while. This negative screen doesn’t affect the computer performance. I did some troubleshooting steps like screen color calibration, then I unplugged all the USB...
  10. Sorry to be negative!

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorry to be negative!: Did a Windows 10 installation last week - (Using Windows 7 prior to that). I have never been a fan of Windows 8/8.1, but I thought I would give Windows 10 a try at least. Although many people are raving about 10 - I cannot share their enthusiasm, so after a short time I...