Windows 10: Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working

Discus and support Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to windows 10 version 2004, I noticed that trying to horizontally skew an image negatively doesn't work anymore in mspaint. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Smiley‍, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Smiley‍ Win User

Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working

After updating to windows 10 version 2004, I noticed that trying to horizontally skew an image negatively doesn't work anymore in mspaint.

This is a big problem because I use mspaint as my main art program and I use it to its fullest extent. When I try to put a "-" in the text box it shows a text bubble and says "unacceptable character you can only type a number here". Does anyone know how to fix this? I couldn't find anything online so I decided to ask here. The only way I found to bypass this is by putting the desired negative number in another text box, like the chrome search bar, then copying and pasting the negative number back into mspaint. Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working 3186da0b-9200-458d-8510-4c4da9e47f27?upload=true.png

:)

Smiley‍, Jun 6, 2020

2. Display is skewed left on widescreen monitor

Hey there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius laptop and was using a square monitor with it. Now I switched it out for a widescreen monitor but the display is skewed left - I do not see the control panel window on the monitor. I tried auto adjusting and moving it
    100% left on the horizontal option, but it still won't fit. Help?

Thanks!

JulesShind12, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Fiream Win User
    WinME and mspaint

Here you are. This is the fileset you are looking for.
    Put it in a new folder on your desktop, run the .exe inside the folder and it will extract the full MSPaint application. You can run it from within the folder, no need to install or replace anything. Even though it shows as a Win95 file it is functional in every O.S I've tried it in up to and including XP Pro. Surprised noone has suggested trying to upgrade to Vista.
    Good Luck,
    Fiream

Fiream, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working

Horizontal scrolling in Windows 10 doesn't work

Hi,

We would like to further clarify your concern since you mentioned that you are also experiencing the same issue that you cannot use the function of horizontal scrolling. We need additional details to assist you with your concern in using the horizontal scrolling
    with your mouse in Windows 10. Kindly provide the answers to the questions below:

• Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread?
    • If you have already completed any troubleshooting steps, we would like to confirm what were the results?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working

1. Negative horizontal skew in Mspaint not working - Similar Threads - Negative horizontal skew

2. Where is my MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my MSPaint?: I just ran the latest Windows 11 update, and I discovered today MSPaint was removed from my computer. How can I restore Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-mspaint/a0286b7d-1a2c-4db9-809e-129ca0b62123
  3. Where is my MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my MSPaint?: I just ran the latest Windows 11 update, and I discovered today MSPaint was removed from my computer. How can I restore Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-mspaint/a0286b7d-1a2c-4db9-809e-129ca0b62123
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. msPaint not working in other loactions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    msPaint not working in other loactions: So as soon as I heard that MSpaint was moving to the Microsoft store, I scrambled to copy and paste the .exe to a backup drive to preserve it (I cant stand MS store apps) however when I try to open the mspaint.exe in any other location (like on my other drive) it will say...
  6. Notepad and mspaint not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad and mspaint not working: Hi, I have a brand new computer 1 week old And everything should be up to date. I have windows 10 Now, when I try to open paint I get the message "Unable to create document", and when I try to open notepad, nothing happens. What I've tried: 1. Opening txt files and...
  7. Negative screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Negative screen: When I press CAPS Lock and Num Lock Keys and then plug in or unplug a USB device the screen turns negative for a while. This negative screen doesn’t affect the computer performance. I did some troubleshooting steps like screen color calibration, then I unplugged all the USB...
  8. MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint?: I'm confused. I thought Microsoft Paint won't be available for Windows version 1709. Yet I can still use it when I right click an image and press Edit. (FYI the program is still located in the System32 folder). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it's still there, but did my...
  9. can't find mspaint

in Windows 10 Support
    can't find mspaint: I can't find mspaint in win 10 ? did they get rid of it ? 19156
  10. accessories e.g mspaint

in Windows 10 Support
    accessories e.g mspaint: Miss accessories / paint and a few others paint is not under programs or apps need a quick way of pulling it up for Ctrl-V after PrtScn -- why does win10 take away our tools? or is it that 90% of folks don't know what Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V do? 7302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix negative skew in paint not working

2. negative skew in paint not working