Windows 10: Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier

Discus and support Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the strangest problem I think I've ever had. At the beginning of my reboot, everything on the screen is negative color (i.e., talking about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfuglein, Aug 10, 2019.

1. cfuglein Win User

Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier

This is the strangest problem I think I've ever had. At the beginning of my reboot, everything on the screen is negative color (i.e., talking about a photograph negative, remember them? Black is white and white is black, only in color). I get a window pop-up which is for the magnifier (I don't even know where it comes from), and when I X out of and close that window, the colors reverse and become positive. It's not a real issue, but it's annoying as heck. It may be related to another problem I've posted about a green tint on everything, found here:

Color has been changed on Desktop. Outlook and other MS program green

:)

cfuglein, Aug 10, 2019

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 10, 2019
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

Need a better screen magnifier

Hi,

To help you resolve this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows logo + U
      at the same time.
    • Click on Start Magnifier.

You can click the Start Magnifier from the Control Panel windows to see the options to magnify the screen. Under
    Views, you can set it to Full screen, Lens or
    Docked.

You may also drag to position the Magnifier window anywhere on the desktop/screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier - Similar Threads - Negative Screen Reboot

2. My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and...: My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and downloaded apps like brave WhatsApp etc get very slow what to do ???...
  3. My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and...: My laptop reboots automatically in between suddenly and after reboot screen magnifies and downloaded apps like brave WhatsApp etc get very slow what to do ???...
  4. Negative pics in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Negative pics in screen: I have hp all n one and lately have gotten what looks like negative pics in screen, ran all diagnostics nothing is wrong also tried e windows and plus key nothing and ideas on how to make the screen normal again...
  5. Negative pics in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Negative pics in screen: I have hp all n one and lately have gotten what looks like negative pics in screen, ran all diagnostics nothing is wrong also tried e windows and plus key nothing and ideas on how to make the screen normal again...
  6. Magnified screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnified screen: Hi I accidently changed my computer resolution to 500% I can not change it back to 100% now because I can not see the menu icons to click on settings. Is there a way I can get the setting icon up on the screen so I can change resolution back to 100%. It is Windows 10 and...
  7. screen magnifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen magnifier: I am sight impaired and have to use the Microsoft magnifier. When it is on sometimes my keyboard entries come in backward. Typing CAT prints TAC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-magnifier/9d7d4c26-5c7e-4641-97d2-63859606c308
  8. Negative screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Negative screen: When I press CAPS Lock and Num Lock Keys and then plug in or unplug a USB device the screen turns negative for a while. This negative screen doesn’t affect the computer performance. I did some troubleshooting steps like screen color calibration, then I unplugged all the USB...
  9. Magnifier window is on at reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Magnifier window is on at reboot: When I reboot windows 10 the magnifier window is on. I even turned magnifier off in settings... -- help 20646
  10. Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best. This tutorial will show...