Windows 10: Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

Discus and support Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My browser [Firefox] provides another method to get full screen, but it's cumbersome. Can I not get full screen with one click, as I did with my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Odin99, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Odin99 Win User

Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

My browser [Firefox] provides another method to get full screen, but it's cumbersome. Can I not get full screen with one click, as I did with my old Win7 laptop?

:)

Odin99, Feb 23, 2020

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2020
  3. brightnes F11 F12 isn't working

Hi,

I would suggest you to please once look following steps. i hope you will find solution of your issue.

Are you pressing only F11 / F12 OR are you also pressing the ''Fn'' key?

-If you are not pressing "Fn" key, then that may be what you need to do.

-If you are already pressing the "Fn" key also, then maybe you have the "Fn" (Function) key disabled.

-To enable it, press Fn + Esc

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

F11 recovery screen

After some windows updates and a failed update, Computer starts in F11 recovery.

I didn't do this!

Any suggestions, I have been able only once to get back into windows, but now bit just keeps loading at start up with F11 recovery.

I have tried to run trouble shooter but unable to fix

JulieStone1, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

1. Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen - Similar Threads - Neither F11 nor

2. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn + F11 not working: I was having problems with my top keys and later found out it was fn for my PC. It did work, all except from print screen, which is what I need it for. Could I have some help?...
  3. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn + F11 not working: I was having problems with my top keys and later found out it was fn for my PC. It did work, all except from print screen, which is what I need it for. Could I have some help?...
  4. Fn + F11 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  6. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  7. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

8. Fn F11 and 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fn F11 and 12: Is there any way to change the interval of Fn F11 and 12 (quieter and louder), so that it only goes down/up by one instead of two? submitted by /u/FroggoKing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m93cmr/fn_f11_and_12/
  9. F11 key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F11 key: F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of Windows 10 and Edge updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f11-key/0ed9b031-7daf-458e-85b3-d89a296fbaca
  10. Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen)

Top 1" of browser disappears- This is not F11 (Full Screen): At times the top of my Google Chrome will disappear and all the tabs and everything disappear and I will have a black background. It only comes back if I press F11. This is not full screen mode though. It happens sporadically. How can I fix this....