Windows 10: Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while...

Discus and support Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Mouse setting in Power mgt. is set to allow mouse to exit sleep mode but doesn't work. Pressing start button works but prefer to hit any key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by D.Charner, Jan 15, 2021.

1. D.Charner Win User

Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while...

Mouse setting in Power mgt. is set to allow mouse to exit sleep mode but doesn't work. Pressing start button works but prefer to hit any key. Presumably sleep mode engages when there has been no input on keyboard/mouse; can this be altered so that it won't sleep while a recording is playing?

:)

D.Charner, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Dimman_88 Win User

Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while

Hi,

I am facing two problems not quite sure if they are connected. The first is that whenever my desktop pc is under sleep mode it cannot wake up through my wireless mouse and keyboard. The second problem is that after the pc is on sleep mode it restarts on
    its own after a while.

Setting that i have applied are:

• On power plan hybrid sleep is off
    • Usb selective suspend setting is off
    • Both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake up the computer

Thanks in advance!

Dimman_88, Jan 15, 2021
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while...

Sleep mode problem

Another thing it might be is the mouse or keyboard won't let it sleep. You can go into advanced options and remove the ability to come out of sleep by mouse or keyboard. Or unplug them and try it

Jetster, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Neither mouse nor using keyboard allows exiting sleep mode also goes into sleep mode while... - Similar Threads - Neither mouse nor

2. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  3. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  4. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  5. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Error upon exiting sleep mode

Error upon exiting sleep mode: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga running Windows 10 Every time I re-awake my laptop from sleep mode, I get the following error message: “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to...
  7. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  8. Mouse sleep mode not desired...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse sleep mode not desired...: My mouse enters sleep mode after 5-10 minutes. I don't want it to go to sleep at all. I've unchecked any power management tick boxes under the mouse drivers and the USB root hub device driver panel. I'm not worried about saving money here. As far as I remember I've used this...
  9. .Mouse and sleep mode.

.Mouse and sleep mode.: Ever since the October 2018 update. My wireless mouse can't wake my laptop from sleep mode. Can anyone help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-sleep-mode/acdcda83-781a-4b90-b5b8-8f35ed7dff55
  10. Goes out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes out of sleep mode: Dear forum Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again. My problem is that if i want to go to bed, and put sleep mode on, then it turns on by it self after a while. Yesterday evening it did it after...