Windows 10: Neither windows nor explorer search are working

Discus and support Neither windows nor explorer search are working in Cortana to solve the problem; I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LakshyaMimani, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone help?

:)

LakshyaMimani, Aug 26, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 26, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Neither windows nor explorer search are working

1. Neither windows nor explorer search are working - Similar Threads - Neither nor explorer

2. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  3. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  4. Neither File History nor Backup and Restore successfully work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Neither File History nor Backup and Restore successfully work: Unfortunately, attemping to backup my files to an external drive using either program doesn't seem to work. Though there is no problem manually copying files over to the drive, the backup options with File History show the size of backup being 0 bytes, regardless of which...
  5. Neither feature update 2004 nor 20h2 offered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Neither feature update 2004 nor 20h2 offered: It is now May 16 and Microsoft is no longer supporting W10 1909. I have W10 Pro 1909 and have never been offered a feature update. I have a 2020 HP Spectre x360 13t with i7 1065G7 processor, 16GB Ram. And 1TB SSD. I have been able to update Cumulative and Security updates but...
  6. Neither screen saver, nor monitor off works!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither screen saver, nor monitor off works!: I have viewed and to a large degree followed all of the various instructions in the various posts on how to resolve this. I have recently even re-installed Win10 Home for an unrelated issue. I set my screen saver which worked fine until about 2 or 3 months ago - yes, I've...
  7. Neither Windows button nor Search button are working. Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Neither Windows button nor Search button are working. Windows 10.: This morning I found that neither button is working. When I hover over the Windows button, it says Start, but does not otherwise function. Not by left-clicking, not by right-clicking. When I left-click on the Search button, nothing happens. When I right-click on it, I get a...
  8. Neither my Wi-Fi nor my Ethernet connection is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither my Wi-Fi nor my Ethernet connection is working: I have connected to my private network through WiFi as always, but it suddenly did not work the labtop is connected to WiFi but no internet. Then i tried another way of connection which is through ethernet cable and it didn't also work, so i tried to connect to my mobile...
  9. Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps: Hi everyone, A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried downloading another apps, with the same result. I searched in the Internet, and tried several solutions (logging out and then in,...
  10. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection: I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting...