Windows 10: nested desktop folder

Discus and support nested desktop folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed a new programme this morning for bridge scoring which should automate links to emails to send out results. The email link proved difficult... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougStanford, Sep 12, 2018.

1. nested desktop folder

I installed a new programme this morning for bridge scoring which should automate links to emails to send out results. The email link proved difficult so I tried the normal email route of adding the results as an attachment. The attachment folder was suddenly not visible although I use this route daily. Investigating I discovered somehow a copy of the desktop folder had ended inside the folder with the attachment. As far as I am aware no action I took could remotely have caused this. I thought maybe I could just delete this nested folder but then discovered I was deleting everything, fortunately stopping in time and recovered from the recycle bin. However I am left with a nested desktop folder which I cannot see any way of removing. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it? Answers suitable for a novice please. Thank you.

:)

DougStanford, Sep 12, 2018

2. Nesting favorites in Edge

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites that are organized by folder of what topic they deal with. My googlefu seems to point to an answer of no folders on the favorites bar, just an endless list of items. Knowing Microsoft the way I do this seems very unlikely, my take is that they love nesting.

Any suggestions?

KeylessEnigma, Sep 12, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Nesting favorites in Edge

Microsoft Edge now lets you add new folders, drag and drop items from the favourites list and generally sort out the nesting to your hearts content. All this from the dropdown menu icon at the top right (the three horizontal lines).

philc43, Sep 12, 2018
  4. nested desktop folder

Nesting of emails by subject

I send emails to different people under the same subject line, and the new outlook format nests all of them and the replies (even when I have sorted them into different folders) . How do I avoid nesting in all cases except group emails and replies?

JacquelinePreston, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

nested desktop folder

1. nested desktop folder - Similar Threads - nested desktop folder

2. How to show all the nested folders within a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show all the nested folders within a folder: The guidance I have found online does not work. In Win11 File explorer I want to show the full tree of the folder structure without having to expand each of the first tier sub folders. Seems like a reasonable request, but cannot figure it out : The show all folders setting in...
  3. How to show all the nested folders within a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show all the nested folders within a folder: The guidance I have found online does not work. In Win11 File explorer I want to show the full tree of the folder structure without having to expand each of the first tier sub folders. Seems like a reasonable request, but cannot figure it out : The show all folders setting in...
  4. Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders: I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. All seemed fine until today when the system asked me to log in to OneDrive. I did this and it asked if I wanted to backup my Documents, Desktop and Pictures which seemed like a good idea even though I don't use these folders....
  5. Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders: I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. All seemed fine until today when the system asked me to log in to OneDrive. I did this and it asked if I wanted to backup my Documents, Desktop and Pictures which seemed like a good idea even though I don't use these folders....
  6. Nested virtualisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nested virtualisation: I have a new PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x but AMD-V nested virtualisation is not working. When will AMD-V get support for nested virtualisation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nested-virtualisation/908b1c12-78c4-4c83-84b5-4e450a36aa90
  7. Backup a folder in OneDrive without backing up a particular nested folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup a folder in OneDrive without backing up a particular nested folder: Hi guys. I want to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive (the automatic backup to OneDrive thing that Windows 10 does). However, I don't want all the folders inside the Documents folder to get backed up. Is there any way to pick and choose the folders that will get backed...
  8. Cortana and nest

in Cortana
    Cortana and nest: So Cortana works with Nest thermostat, but not Nest Hello video doorbell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-nest/42c7eb7f-fc30-436a-b336-31a235ab1231"
  9. How extract files from nested folders - is there an app?

in Windows 10 Support
    How extract files from nested folders - is there an app?: I have one primary folder and, under it, are nested folders - perhaps 3 to 5 deep. Is there an easy way to extract the files so that I end up with the primary folder and no subfolders - just all the files? 104102
  10. Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar: This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE. OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing the folder contents in situ when you click on the sub folder, you get a side menu that pops out on the right which shows all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a nested folder on desktop