Windows 10: Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

Discus and support Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE. OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikedyce, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Mikedyce Win User

Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE.

OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing the folder contents in situ when you click on the sub folder, you get a side menu that pops out on the right which shows all your favourites.

Has anyone heard of any rumours of a "fix" in the near future?

To be honest, it's the main reason I won't use Edge.

:)

Mikedyce, Jun 1, 2017
  2. RPG17A Win User

Favorites Bar disappeared

Hi

If your using Edge as your browser click the three small dots, top right, then click Settings, end of list, then click on View Favourites Settings and see that the Favourites bar is set to on. The favourites bar folder is with the other folders when you
    click the Hub ( the three horizontal lines) then the star.

RPG17A, Jun 1, 2017
  3. PaulM_165 Win User
    MS EDGE - How to remove suggested site folders from Favourites Bar

I cant see my personal favourites on the favourites bar because of Suggested Sites folders that cannot be removed. Using MS EDGE in Windows 10, I have Suggested sites turned off, yet I still have 3 folders still on my favourites bar (Suggested Sites, Sugested
    Sites (4), Suggested Sites (9) - think these were brought across from old IE11 favourites) When right clicking the folder and selecting "Remove" nothing happens.

Also tried using the HUB menu selection and editing the favourites bar directly; even renaming some of the folders...cant do anything with them. Additionally, when selecting one of the Suggested Sites folders (all are empty) MS EDGE shuts down.

Help please.

PaulM_165, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Blue Owl Win User

Can't use Edge either, because of this. No answer on the MS web site.

Blue Owl, Jun 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar - Similar Threads - Nested Folders Edges

2. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  3. MS Edge Multirow favourites bar

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Multirow favourites bar: G'day all.. Have been a Firefox stalwart for many years, but for no reason just decided to give Edge a crack and found it to be quite responsive, but it lacks the ability to add an extra row on the favorites bar. Have looked high and low to no avail. Does anyone know of such...
  4. Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons: Can’t say I noticed this before but it seems every time I open edge the favicons in the favourites bar will flash very quickly after a few seconds of opening. It won’t do it again whilst it remains open but if I close it and re open it will reproduce this same behaviour. Is...
  5. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  6. Favourites bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites bar: I find it extremely difficult to save the websites in favourites bar. It should not be necessary to create a new folder for each website. Simply clicking on Save in Favourites Bar delivers no result. Cumbersome and annoying....
  7. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  8. Nesting favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Nesting favorites in Edge: Hello everybody, I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites that are organized by folder of what topic they deal with. My googlefu seems to point to an answer of no folders on the...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573