Windows 10: Nested Webcam RDP Redirection

Discus and support Nested Webcam RDP Redirection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have created a VM on my Windows 10 machine and have been able to RDP into the VM and my hardware webcam passes into the VM through RDP well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronAnderson123412341234, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Nested Webcam RDP Redirection

Hello,

I have created a VM on my Windows 10 machine and have been able to RDP into the VM and my hardware webcam passes into the VM through RDP well. The camera shows up in the VM Device Manager as 'Remote Desktop Camera devices' > 'HOST-PC - HD WebCam'.

Next, on the VM that I am RDP'd into, I open another remote desktop connection to another external PC. I am able to connect to this PC by RDP fine, but the Webcam object does not pass through from the VM to the external PC. When I check in the Remote Desktop Connection options, under the Local Resources tab, and click on 'More', I do not see the 'HOST-PC - HD WebCam' device listed under Video capture devices on the VM, even though it is listed in Device Manager.

Is there a way to get Windows to treat this redirected camera as a local camera so that it can be further redirected to a third machine?

Another way to ask my essential question - can you pass a camera through multiple nested RDP sessions?

Thanks for your assistance,

Aaron

:)

AaronAnderson123412341234, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana and nest

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

At present, Cortana can
    control your smart home devices
    such as

• Turn lights on or off
    • Set the brightness of a light
    • Control a group of lights
    • Set the temperature
    • Turn the thermostat up or down

I would suggest you to check with the Nest support team if the Nest Hello can be
    configured to Cortana commands.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2020
  3. CindyR92 Win User
    Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection

My client has a Windows 2011 Small Business Server using Active Directory. Due to COVID-19, they have enacted work from home measures. One of their employees is using RDP to connect to their office computer remotely. Their local computer is Windows 10 and
    their remote computer is Windows 7 Professional. They are trying to print work they are working on in remote computer to their local printers. When setting up their RDP, I made sure to check Printers in local resources. Interestingly, one of the printer options
    (fax) does redirect, but none of her others, which are networked printers using a WSD port.

They are using their AD credentials to establish the RDP connection to their remote computer.

I'm not sure if there is a setting or a driver that needs to be installed on either the remote computer or the Server. This has been an ongoing issue for more than one user at this organization, which suggests to me that there's some setting we are missing
    or there is something that must be done on the Server.

CindyR92, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Nested Webcam RDP Redirection

How to redirect smart card trought RDP session

Hello,

What is the way to redirect smart card for digital signature during RDP session?
    I tested several options without success. I am interested in a scenario in which the smart card reader is placed in the rdp client, but is used during the session in the rdp host.
    I tried the versions with Windows 10 client and host and Windows 10 client with Windows server 2016 host.In GPO I disable prohibition rules for redirect of smart cards. I'm sorry for my bad English.

Asen Neykov, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Nested Webcam RDP Redirection

1. Nested Webcam RDP Redirection - Similar Threads - Nested Webcam RDP

2. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  3. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  4. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RDP Redirect

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP Redirect: I am the only administrator in my organization that when using RDP it sends me directly to the Domain Controller. I have checked certificates, firewalls, HKLM, cleared my ARP cache, flushed DNS, and verified server/PC certificates. I have no idea why it does this. I received...
  6. Webcam pass through RDP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam pass through RDP: Hi, connecting to a Windows Server 2019 RDS Host the locally connected “Microsoft LifeCam Cinema” webcam is not always passed through. I’ve tried with 6 different Windows 10 computers: - 3 Windows 10 Pro computers: The webcam is passed through if I activate it with...
  7. Windows Update 2004 Redirected printers in RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 2004 Redirected printers in RDP: After Update I lost my redirected printers in RDP. Before update i have access all my redirected printers. i cant find any solution anyone know about this issue ? Thanks for your helps... submitted by /u/DarkOralet [link] [comments]...
  8. Alternatives to printer redirection in RDP sessions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternatives to printer redirection in RDP sessions.: Here is our scenario... we have many users that will now be working from home. These users are doing RDP sessions from computers at their homes (using windows 10) to their on site computers (running Windows 7). They do almost all of their work on the remote computer. Many of...
  9. Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection: My client has a Windows 2011 Small Business Server using Active Directory. Due to COVID-19, they have enacted work from home measures. One of their employees is using RDP to connect to their office computer remotely. Their local computer is Windows 10 and their remote...
  10. windows rdp local resource redirection prevent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows rdp local resource redirection prevent: For the security reason, i want to prevent local resource redirection in windows rdp connection. Not in servers configuration, do using network layer for example firewall block it. ***The post was written in English by the original poster therefore it will be directed...