Windows 10: Nesting favorites in Edge

Discus and support Nesting favorites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KeylessEnigma, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Nesting favorites in Edge

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites that are organized by folder of what topic they deal with. My googlefu seems to point to an answer of no folders on the favorites bar, just an endless list of items. Knowing Microsoft the way I do this seems very unlikely, my take is that they love nesting.

Any suggestions?

:)

KeylessEnigma, Jun 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 updates clear history

Hi,

Yes, web browsing history, but also document history and if I have open tabs, they are closed and don't reappear after restart. I have been only using Edge for browsing.

Also - and I believe it's related - any Favorites created since migrating to Edge are gone. Importing from previous browser (IE) only finds the Favorites created in IE. When I save a new website to Favorites, it shows in Edge, but NOT in my Favorites folder.
    When I searched for a particular saved web page on my C: drive, I found it deeply nested elsewhere than the Favorites folder. Example:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

MarkCharland, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Favorites list not transferred with Windows 10 1511 update

I doubt this solves the problem, as I posted the same issue on another thread and no one can resolve so far. Favorites import from IE fine, but new favorites created in Edge vaporize. By that, I mean with each update, they disappear. I don't know why
    but have a clue: NONE of my Edge created favorites are actually in ANY favorites folder on my C:drive. They show up fine on the favorites bar and in other folders within Edge, but where are they on the drive?? This is clearly a bug in W10 or Edge, not user
    error or machine settings. Microsoft needs to get on this!

Update: I figured out where the Favorites are being located by Edge/W10. Here is the path:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

"Appdata" was a hidden file, which is why I didn't see it using Win Explorer until I unhid hidden files. Why are Favorites nested this way?? Anyway, I copied the files and pasted them into the normal Favorites folder and they were still there after the
    latest update. However, I added a new Favorite and it does not seem to be in either location. I'll restart and see if it shows up.

Update 2: Nope. Can't find the latest added Favorite on C: drive, though it is shown in Edge as a Favorite.

MarkCharland, Jun 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Nesting favorites in Edge

Microsoft Edge now lets you add new folders, drag and drop items from the favourites list and generally sort out the nesting to your hearts content. All this from the dropdown menu icon at the top right (the three horizontal lines).

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Awww man, feels like my first day again.... *Redface

KeylessEnigma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nesting favorites in Edge

1. Nesting favorites in Edge - Similar Threads - Nesting favorites Edge

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge/ Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge/ Favorites: Hi all. I believe there was a major Win 10 update recently; I now have Win 10, Version # 1809; OS Build 17763.195 Here's something I noticed in the Edge browser: When I click on my Favorites (and I have a lot; a long list to scroll through), scroll through my list, and then...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. favorites edge

in Browsers and Email
    favorites edge: Hi Normaly when i do a reinstall of windows i've got my favorits of edage automaticly back But nu not why ? 97290
  9. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  10. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963