Windows 10: .Net 4.0 will not load

Discus and support .Net 4.0 will not load in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting the .net Block error whenever I try to install .net 4.0 and any version above that. It keeps telling me to turn it on in Programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EHHays, Jun 14, 2019.

1. EHHays Win User

.Net 4.0 will not load

I keep getting the .net Block error whenever I try to install .net 4.0 and any version above that. It keeps telling me to turn it on in Programs and Features but that only ends up with the same error message. I've tried re-installing a brand new windows version, I've turned all .net features off, then back on, I've followed every error instruction I can find on internet search engines, but still end up with only .net 2.0 and 3.0 on my Windows 10. I am in the Windows Insider program so I know all my Windows 10 capabilities are up to date except .net.

There has to be a way to uninstall ALL .net versions and reinstall the 4.0 to get to the latest version so my programs will work.

:)

EHHays, Jun 14, 2019

2. Net framework 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We also thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. You can see a list of programs installed in your PC.

Step 3: Click on the program you want to install. Uninstall option will get highlighted.

Step 4: Click Uninstall to uninstall the program.

Method 2:

To Turn Windows feature on/off, follow the steps below:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. On the left side panel select Turn Windows feature on or off
    option.

Step 3: In the appeared window, check the option
    .net framework. It will now appear in the Programs and features
    page

Step 4: Click on
    .net framework and uninstall.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2019
  3. .NET Framework not installing on Surface pro 4

Hi Robert,

There are several ways to work around issues with installing .NET Framework. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you also having issues installing updates on your computer?
    • What happened when you tried to download and install .NET Framework 3.5?
    • Does the issue happens on a different user account?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Windows update error 0x80070002.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 14, 2019
  4. .Net 4.0 will not load

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

.Net 4.0 will not load

1. .Net 4.0 will not load - Similar Threads - Net load

2. Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?: I downloaded Windows 11 onto my Intel i5 All in one. Now I can’t access webpages. All connected to WiFi okay but every site I go on now says an it’s an insecure network. I can’t access my emails, or actually anything as says the same thing for them all, Any ideas?...
  3. Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel i5 net loading web pages, saying all not secure?: I downloaded Windows 11 onto my Intel i5 All in one. Now I can’t access webpages. All connected to WiFi okay but every site I go on now says an it’s an insecure network. I can’t access my emails, or actually anything as says the same thing for them all, Any ideas?...
  4. .net framework unhandler exception could not load file or aasembly 81920 bytes loded from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .net framework unhandler exception could not load file or aasembly 81920 bytes loded from...: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '81920 bytes loaded from IECrashHandler,...
  5. .net framework unhandler exception could not load file or aasembly 81920 bytes loded from...

.net framework unhandler exception could not load file or aasembly 81920 bytes loded from...: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '81920 bytes loaded from IECrashHandler,...
  6. .net framework unhandler exception could not load file or aasembly 81920 bytes loded from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft .NET Framework Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.: So I have this new computer and tried to download steam and some game, when I installed the first one everythign was going perfect but when the window of some complementary program pop out and i tried to install them somethign went wrong and when i try to execute it this...
  8. Microsoft .NET Framework Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.

Microsoft .NET Framework Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.: So I have this new computer and tried to download steam and some game, when I installed the first one everythign was going perfect but when the window of some complementary program pop out and i tried to install them somethign went wrong and when i try to execute it this...
  9. net work frame work down load

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    net work frame work down load: down load net frame work installe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/net-work-frame-work-down-load/8a309f89-29c9-4094-8507-5c5bd31d97c7
  10. Microsoft .NET Framework loads up error every startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft .NET Framework loads up error every startup: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Zsmenwuv, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visioneer road warrior install

2. link id is missing visioneer

3. .net not loading

4. one touch link id missing