Windows 10: .Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013

Discus and support .Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to reinstall Office 2013 after upgrading to Windows 10. The installer comes up with the error "Setup is unable to proceed due to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by philread, Jul 29, 2015.

1. philread Win User

.Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013

Hi, I am trying to reinstall Office 2013 after upgrading to Windows 10. The installer comes up with the error "Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error - This product requires .Net Framework 4.5":

.Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013 [​IMG]

When I try to install .Net 4.5 it says I already have .Net 4.6 as part of the operating system (and it won't let me remove/disable it.

Any ideas?

:)

philread, Jul 29, 2015
  2. ParisDave Win User

Microsoft .Net Framework error when trying to install Office 2013 on Windows 10

Trying to install MS Office 2013 (it's a volume license edition from work).

Getting the following error straight away (no chance to choose components or input license key ...) :

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following errors: This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5. Correct the issue listed above and rerun setup."

Thing is I tried installing .Net Framework 4.5, but it says I already have it or a more recent version, which is true because in the "Turn Win Features on/off" dialog box, I see .NET framework 4.6 (so a higher version than what is requested in the error
    msg) AND 3.5. Both are turned on.

Funny thing is I can install the MS Office 2013 version from the web - the trial version. It will not let me activate it with my product (license) key from work however, saying it's t a volume license edition.

Tried a variety of things including .net cleanup tools. I don't even understand what .net is and why it's needed to install Office. Tried enabling / disabling .net and running the install but to no avail.

ParisDave, Jul 29, 2015
  3. commonone Win User
    Autocad 2013 will not work since upgrade to Windows 10

As Windows 10 uses 'Frame net 4.6' and where Windows 7 used '4.5' where I could run AutoCAD 2013.

Would it of any use to download and install 'Frame net 4.5'

Just a thought. ??

thanks

commonone, Jul 29, 2015
  4. alex0603 Win User

I am having the same exact issue, did you solve this?

alex0603, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

1. .Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013 - Similar Threads - Net error installing

2. trying to install .net framework 4 but got error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to install .net framework 4 but got error: i was installing .net framework 4.i got errorw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-net-framework-4-but-got-error/b50fa5e2-b4de-4198-bd1a-55d108638b4b
  3. Announcing .NET 5 Preview 4 and our journey to one .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 5 Preview 4 and our journey to one .NET: .NET 5 is the next version and future of .NET. We are continuing the journey of unifying the .NET platform, with a single framework that extends from cloud to desktop to mobile and beyond. Looking back, we took the best of .NET Framework and put that into .NET Core 3,...
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  5. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  6. Net Use Error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use Error 5: I'm running from a command window opened with admin privligies. I'm trying to create a mapped drive of f: from pc1 a windows 10 pc to another win 10 pc2 on the same network sub-domain. net use N: \\pc1\f$ /user:pc1\user1 password /persistent:yes Causes "Error 5...
  7. office 2013 persistent error: OHub.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office 2013 persistent error: OHub.exe: I have been running windows 10 with few functional problems although I have had persistent errors in the Event viewer, most of which seem harmless and related to connections to MS services that seem related to a) MS services themselves being down or b) a lag during the boot...
  8. Options for installing Office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Options for installing Office 2013: Hi, I own a copy of Office 2013 which I had installed on a previous laptop and just yesterday I spoke with MS support who gave me an activation? ID which allowed me to register Office on this new machine. Only last evening I wiped the OEM install and replaced it with a...
  9. installation of office 2013

installation of office 2013: hello i will to try to install office 2013(on line version) but the installation stuck at 61%.is there any issue with office 2013 and win 10? 78691
  10. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440