Windows 10: .NET 4.8 clr.dll failing for some applications

Discus and support .NET 4.8 clr.dll failing for some applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 19003 update I have an issue with certain applications launching. The following is one example of the issue: Source: .NET Runtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mattmorg, Aug 6, 2019.

1. mattmorg Win User

.NET 4.8 clr.dll failing for some applications

Since the Windows 10 19003 update I have an issue with certain applications launching. The following is one example of the issue:

Source: .NET Runtime
    Application: PaintDotNet.exe
    Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFEF925F9D0 (00007FFEF9160000) with exit code 80131506.

and

Source: Application Error
    Faulting application name: PaintDotNet.exe, version: 4.200.7133.32960
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.3815.0
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just about everything I can think of other than .NET 4.8 which I can't seem to find a great way to currently do. I've also tried running the System File Checker where my scan came back with the following:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I've checked the logfiles and found nothing that seemed helpful. Is there anything else I can do short of reimaging or removing and reapplying the Windows update? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mattmorg, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

.NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup for Windows 10

Source: .NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup for Windows 10 | .NET Blog

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  3. microsoft net framework 4 unhandled exception has occurred in your application

Hi Simon,

Do let us know how exactly you have tried to perform repair of .Net Frame work on your computer.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to turn off, turn on the .Net framework and check if it helps.

• PressWindows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck the .Net framework feature, restart the computer.
    • Follow the same as I & 2 check mark the feature, restart the computer and check with the status.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to repair the framework using repair tool and check.

Refer: Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is available

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

.NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup

Read more: .NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup | .NET Blog

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. .NET 4.8 clr.dll failing for some applications - Similar Threads - NET clr dll

2. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  3. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  4. Applications using .NET Framework consistently CTD with internal CLR error 0x80131506,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications using .NET Framework consistently CTD with internal CLR error 0x80131506,...: Any and all applications that use dotnet, such as paintdotnet.exe, will briefly function before closing with an internal CLR error 0x80131506. The applications' individual error logs cite different and inconsistent paths each crash, which gives me the impression that this is...
  5. Applications using .NET Framework consistently CTD with internal CLR error 0x80131506,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications using .NET Framework consistently CTD with internal CLR error 0x80131506,...: Any and all applications that use dotnet, such as paintdotnet.exe, will briefly function before closing with an internal CLR error 0x80131506. The applications' individual error logs cite different and inconsistent paths each crash, which gives me the impression that this is...
  6. Applications using .NET Framework consistently CTD with internal CLR error 0x80131506,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CLR Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLR Error: I recently got a error that said “CLR” after looking it up I learned it was a fatal error. Is there anything I can do at this point or is it pretty much game over for my PC? submitted by /u/Dvrth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erocbd/clr_error/
  8. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  9. Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8: I recently built an internal file server for our office that uses Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is a Dell server with an Intel Xeon 4 core/8 processor chip. I have an application server software app that I pay an annual license fee for the use of it. I received a call from...
  10. Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Limit application to 4 processors instead of 8: I recently built an internal file server for our office that uses Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is a Dell server with an Intel Xeon 4 core/8 processor chip. I have an application server software app that I pay an annual license fee for the use of it. I received a call from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net clr.dll crash 4.8

2. the process was terminated due to a unhandled exception for netframework 4

3. dotnet 4.8 0x0000005

4. .net framework 4.8 clr.dll error,
  5. .net framework 4.8.3815.0 clr.dll crash