Windows 10: .NET applications crashing

Discus and support .NET applications crashing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aarivex, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Aarivex Win User

.NET applications crashing

I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine)

Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing.
    Several error logs are being reported in the event viewer about .NET Runtime.

In some cases, there is no problem and the application runs without error or crash. But most of the time, it crashes.
    Other applications run just fine and don’t show this behaviour.

I’m not quiet sure which update lead to this. I’m guessing that it was maybe KB4511555.

I’ve collected a lot of logs and uploaded them into a folder here.
    Almost every error is a AccessViolationException.

I tested my memory with the windows memory diagnostic tool and memtest86 (the standard free test). No errors were found.
    Checked the timings of the RAM in my BIOS and everything is correct. The XMP 2.0 profile is active.

I also tested this on a Windows 10 VM by installing a clean build on VMware Workstation and installing nothing else than Firefox and Visual Studio Installer, but the problem also seems to occur there.

.NET Core 3.0 adapts the same behaviour. In most of the cases, I can’t create a project for example. It crashes randomly, whereas the .NET Core 2.2 SDK runs just fine.

Going into safe mode and trying to run these applications there does not fix it. Tried it with the default safe mode and the safe mode with network drivers.

I’m currently on a fresh install of Windows 10 (1903) and the latest updates are installed. Every driver is up to date, including the BIOS.

:)

Aarivex, Sep 21, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

.NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup for Windows 10

Source: .NET Framework May 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup for Windows 10 | .NET Blog

Brink, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. .NET applications crashing - Similar Threads - NET applications crashing

2. .NET runtime error and application crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET runtime error and application crash: Need assistance diagnosing why a Bluebeam is crashing on a .NET Runtime error. Using a polygon fill function crashes on the first or second use.First it throws out an error for .NET runtine 1026 and then an Application error 1000 and app crashes.1026 error:Application:...
  3. .NET runtime error and application crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET runtime error and application crash: Need assistance diagnosing why a Bluebeam is crashing on a .NET Runtime error. Using a polygon fill function crashes on the first or second use.First it throws out an error for .NET runtine 1026 and then an Application error 1000 and app crashes.1026 error:Application:...
  4. .NET Runtime 1026, Application Error 1000, Application crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Runtime 1026, Application Error 1000, Application crashes: Hello!I originally had the application on my computer, and when it tried to update it crashed. So I uninstalled it to start fresh. When I try to install the Hearthstone Deck Tracker HDT application on my computer; however, I continue to get two errors. I have went through...
  5. .NET Runtime 1026, Application Error 1000, Application crashes

.NET Runtime 1026, Application Error 1000, Application crashes: Hello!I originally had the application on my computer, and when it tried to update it crashed. So I uninstalled it to start fresh. When I try to install the Hearthstone Deck Tracker HDT application on my computer; however, I continue to get two errors. I have went through...
  6. .NET Runtime 1026, Application Error 1000, Application crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. .Net application crashed intermittently on Windows 10 server, but the crash dump is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net application crashed intermittently on Windows 10 server, but the crash dump is not...: We have third party application DotNet application running on Windows 10. Intermittently, this application gets crashed, but the crash dumps is not generated. And this happens with specific type of crash, otherwise I do see crash dumps on the system. We have setup the...
  8. .Net application crashed intermittently on Windows 10 server, but the crash dump is not...

.Net application crashed intermittently on Windows 10 server, but the crash dump is not...: We have third party application DotNet application running on Windows 10. Intermittently, this application gets crashed, but the crash dumps is not generated. And this happens with specific type of crash, otherwise I do see crash dumps on the system. We have setup the...
  9. .Net application crashed intermittently on Windows 10 server, but the crash dump is not...

10. .NET Runtime Error 1026, Application crashes immediately.

.NET Runtime Error 1026, Application crashes immediately.: Hello,I am trying to open a program, but it crashes immediately. I contacted the customer service and after they checked the event viewer, they told me that it crashed due to a .Net framework. It worked perfectly fine just a few weeks ago, so I suspect it may be due to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. system.accessviolationexception