Windows 10: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help!

Discus and support NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says I am receiving error: NET::ERR_CERT_ Here's what I can tell you: I am an expat living in Indonesia. I know there are some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blinick, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Blinick Win User

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help!

Hello, as the title says I am receiving error: NET::ERR_CERT_

Here's what I can tell you: I am an expat living in Indonesia. I know there are some govt blocks but Dropbox is not one of them and I can still access it on my phone no problem, just not my PC. I can use a VPN and get past govt blocks, but still not able to access dropbox.

What I've tried so far:
    - Tried using a VPN and not
    - Updating my date and time
    - Turning off my firewall and antivirus
    - updating my OS and browser
    - Cleared HSTS in Chrome settings
    - Cleared cache and everything else relevant since "all time"
    - Tried using a different browser Edge, Opera and Chrome
    - Tried connecting to my mobile hotspot instead of my home wifi

System: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit OS, HP Omen

I believe that's about it. If you can help me, as I said, I am truly desperate.

Thank you!

:)

Blinick, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

.Net Framwork 3.5 - Sims 3

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the following methods:

Method 1: Disable any security programs on your computer.

• Disable any security programs and try installing the .NET framework 3.5.
    Note: Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is a potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software after completing the troubleshooting steps and after identifying the
    issue.

Method 2: Perform clean boot.

• Place your computer in clean boot and try installing service pack 1 and try try installing the .NET framework 3.5. . To perform clean boot, check this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help!

.NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help!

1. NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID -- 3 hours of troubleshooting futile. Please help! - Similar Threads - NET ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID hours

2. Fresh windows 10 install -> net::err_cert_authority_invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh windows 10 install -> net::err_cert_authority_invalid: Formatted all my drives, put in a fresh windows 10 install. Desktop is connected to via ethernet. Could not connect to the internet to "create/log into my profile". I downloaded all the all the updates per windows update. But nearly every website I go to i get...
  3. Fresh windows 10 install -> net::err_cert_authority_invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh windows 10 install -> net::err_cert_authority_invalid: Formatted all my drives, put in a fresh windows 10 install. Desktop is connected to via ethernet. Could not connect to the internet to "create/log into my profile". I downloaded all the all the updates per windows update. But nearly every website I go to i get...
  4. Fresh windows 10 install -> net::err_cert_authority_invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. .NET Installation error PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Installation error PLEASE HELP: Whenever i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-installation-error-please-help/b07317ff-8c67-4cac-af48-ea0f97f5018c
  6. Please Help.3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Help.3: my speakers are spitting popping noises. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help3/089eb0d0-f896-4be6-be24-c99bfbf93f64
  7. Your connection isn't private NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your connection isn't private NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID: I have had my HP ZBook for two years running Windows 10 PRO, and have consistently had issues with certificate errors. I have kept up with updates to my browsers and Windows thinking that it would correct itself, but it never has. I have tried researching the topic on my...
  8. PLEASE Help, net prob.

PLEASE Help, net prob.: Sometimes my Laptop can't access other website, Only my laptop, My desktop is Ok, I tried resetting the router but Still NO Luck, help me please. My Laptop OS is Windows 10...
  9. NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome: I just installed and configured IIS for unsecure and secure access from the same PC that is running IIS. I cannot get a secure connection using Chrome. I cannot find any discussion of this in the IIS help website. I have heard online that there is a Chrome issue with SSL,...
  10. .net is not work please help

.net is not work please help: i am using windows 10pro but .net is not work please help me error code 0x800F0950 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/net-is-not-work-please-help/0fe99705-3bf1-4a90-8edd-ab01edc74f3e