Windows 10: .Net error

Discus and support .Net error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im having problems with .NET update for windows 0x80073712. It keeps saying files are missing or damaged. My windows update troubleshoot keeps getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Indigo_, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Indigo_ Win User

.Net error

Im having problems with .NET update for windows 0x80073712. It keeps saying files are missing or damaged. My windows update troubleshoot keeps getting an error as well 0x80131700. I tried doing some things that others suggested like going in, unchecking the 3.5 and restart, then check it again. That didnt help at all. Sometimes my games will say they cant start because they require a higher version of .NET. And when I tried to install a higher version it said it was already installed. I need help. How do I get this to stop?

:)

Indigo_, Feb 22, 2022

2. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 22, 2022
  4. das10 Win User

.Net error

Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

.Net error

1. .Net error - Similar Threads - Net error

2. Microsoft .NET framwork error - XTU3SERVICE service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET framwork error - XTU3SERVICE service: Good morning!I've been trying to fix an error on my computer for a few weeks since I had to factory reset my computer. I've tried reinstalling the windows update, gone into command prompts to search for errors but there's been no die. After a while my photoshop starts to lag,...
  3. Microsoft .NET framwork error - XTU3SERVICE service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET framwork error - XTU3SERVICE service: Good morning!I've been trying to fix an error on my computer for a few weeks since I had to factory reset my computer. I've tried reinstalling the windows update, gone into command prompts to search for errors but there's been no die. After a while my photoshop starts to lag,...
  4. Error Attempting to Run Baulders Gate 3 and .Net is giving me the same error no matter what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Attempting to Run Baulders Gate 3 and .Net is giving me the same error no matter what...: I have looked up countless ways to make .Net Windows Desktop Runtime to work, none of them have worked for me. I just got this new computer and cannot for the life of me figure out a way for .Net to actually just download. I've tried numerous answers within the Microsoft...
  5. Error Attempting to Run Baulders Gate 3 and .Net is giving me the same error no matter what...

Error Attempting to Run Baulders Gate 3 and .Net is giving me the same error no matter what...: I have looked up countless ways to make .Net Windows Desktop Runtime to work, none of them have worked for me. I just got this new computer and cannot for the life of me figure out a way for .Net to actually just download. I've tried numerous answers within the Microsoft...
  6. There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....: There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install .NET Framework 3.5. There is some major issues facing during windows updates also. Please help me to solve it...
  7. There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....

There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....: There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install .NET Framework 3.5. There is some major issues facing during windows updates also. Please help me to solve it...
  8. Error when downloading NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime v6.0.28

Error when downloading NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime v6.0.28: I'm trying to download this and I'm not sure whats going on[1878:616C][2024-03-12T13:21:51]i001: Burn v3.14.0.5722, Windows v10.0 Build 22631: Service Pack 0, path: C:\windows\Temp\{BC8D2CAD-8DA3-4997-BC5F-3FFEDEA4AFA3}\.cr\windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.28-win-x64.exe...
  9. Error when downloading NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime v6.0.28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when downloading NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime v6.0.28: I'm trying to download this and I'm not sure whats going on[1878:616C][2024-03-12T13:21:51]i001: Burn v3.14.0.5722, Windows v10.0 Build 22631: Service Pack 0, path: C:\windows\Temp\{BC8D2CAD-8DA3-4997-BC5F-3FFEDEA4AFA3}\.cr\windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.28-win-x64.exe...
  10. I am trying to install 3.5 .net framework on windows 11, but facing error - 0x80244017. Can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install 3.5 .net framework on windows 11, but facing error - 0x80244017. Can...: As mentioned in the title i am getting error msg while installing .net framework 3.5 in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-35-net-framework-on-windows/9c438ac9-5f2f-470b-ae4d-b8909d68d3f4