Windows 10: .Net Framework 2 with later versions

Discus and support .Net Framework 2 with later versions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install a program on a Win10 home laptop. The install routine says install .NET Framework 2 first. I can see that .NET Framework 3.5 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndyHw10f, Sep 24, 2020.

1. AndyHw10f Win User

.Net Framework 2 with later versions

I want to install a program on a Win10 home laptop. The install routine says install .NET Framework 2 first.

I can see that .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.38 were recently updated. This indicates multiple versions can co-exist. Possibly the install routine for this older program simply does not conceive of = or >, possibly there is something in version 2 that is not in the later versions.

Regardless, the question is, can .NET Framework 2 be installed without disrupting the functioning of whatever else is already in place on the computer?

:)

AndyHw10f, Sep 24, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 24, 2020
  3. WSpaght Win User
    .net FRAMEWORK version 2.0

No it didn't help. When I opened the dialog box that you are referring to, the "(NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" box was already ticked/darkened. I went ahead and restarted my computer again just in case. When my computer restarted, I got
    the small pop up box that said that the "net Framework version 2.0" had not been installed. Any other ideas?

WSpaght, Sep 24, 2020
  4. .Net Framework 2 with later versions

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

.Net Framework 2 with later versions

1. .Net Framework 2 with later versions - Similar Threads - Net Framework later

2. .NET Framework 4.8 or later already installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework 4.8 or later already installed: I tried to install .net framework 4.8 but it stated ".NET Framework 4.8 or later update is already installed on this computer." File search only found v4.0_4.0.0.0. Regedit only found up to 4.0. I am certain that v4.8 has not been updated. Yet, it registers as having a later...
  3. .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer: Which .Net framework version is System.CultureAwareComparer added? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-version-having/72b4201f-f18b-4cb2-ad1d-b4c2374daf6c
  4. net framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework: Hi everyone, I'm installing the .net framework in windows 10, but the problem shows "net framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system". please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/dc7042ba-38ad-4c2a-b795-610aff6e34b1
  5. Net Framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Net Framework: Hello, In my win 10 1803 system are installed .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.5 classic. While looking into the MS update catalog, found this KB4502563 which is an update to .Net 4.8. Shell I install .Net 4.8 first or ignore the update and remain with 4.5 version already installed....
  6. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? They are from version 1.2 to 4.6.1. [ATTACH] 127571
  7. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? [ATTACH] 127571
  8. .net framework version 4.6.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .net framework version 4.6.1: .net framework version 4.6.1 is the support of it gone going forward on the latest Win10 machines. Is it absolutely necessary to update the framework of all our applications?...
  9. .net framework installation utility v 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework installation utility v 2: I am using HP Pavillion Core i3 7th generation Machine (b&o). Every now and then cmd pop up appears for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.8825 and then disappears. I have taken a screen shot of the same. Please help...
  10. Microsoft .net framework version 1.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft .net framework version 1.1: I have fresh Windows 10.0 64 bit Operating system. cant installed .net framework 1.1... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/microsoft-net-framework-version-11/36c49097-bf91-4c02-be30-961360aa0141