Windows 10: NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue

Discus and support NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have five Windows 10 64 bit computers in a home private network. All computers could see each other and share file systems. Did an upgrade to 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by catholicfocus, Dec 14, 2018.

1. NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue

I have five Windows 10 64 bit computers in a home private network.
    All computers could see each other and share file systems.

Did an upgrade to 1809 on 12/13/18, everything still worked.
    Then update 2018-12 Cumulative Update for .net Framwork 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 1809 x 64 (KB4470502)

After the "Framework" update, the three wireless computers still were seen on the network, but the two ethernet wired computers disappeared.

I went into services to insure that all the correct services were running, and everything seemed OK.

I did a restart to Function Discovery Resource Publication, on each wired computer, and they instantly appeared and everything worked correct on the network visability and sharing.

Obviously something has changed with the FRAMEWORK update and I would appreciate Microsoft examining this issue further.

In the meantime, I created a batch file that runs as administrator with a net stop and net start for the FDRP service. It's a sloppy solution but it works. Hopefully someone out there with a "wired" computer has also seen this issue as it took me about ten hours to troubleshoot, even to the point where I put a two week old backup hard disk and went step by step to get this information that FRAMEWORK 3.5 and 4.7.2 windows 10 update is the single change that caused my wired computers to disappear from the network.

Yes, the network services were running as I expected, so to stop and start the "Function Discover Resource Publication" service seems to me like there is a sequencing error on startup that is unique to wired networks that prevents the computer from being seen on the network list.

:)

catholicfocus, Dec 14, 2018

2. Windows 10: Issues with Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 10.

Hi Mahi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in .Net framework is not installed through Windows Features.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

I suggest you to perform the below steps to check if .Net Framework is installed or activated in the Windows Features or not and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Then click on Programs and features.

3. Click on Turn Windows Features on or off.

4. Then expand .Net Framework 4.6.

5. Check mark on the ASAP.NET 4.6 and install it.

6. Restart your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing .Net Framework in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 14, 2018
  3. .Net Framework - Windows 7

Thanks for the links, I ran the cleanup utility, got rid of the existing .net installs, reinstalled them all, but am now back to the same issue. The troubleshooting didn't help a lot of windows 7 unfortunately.

I have a feeling this is a side effect of my install of Visual Studio 2010. *Frown NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 14, 2018
  4. NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue

.Net Framework - Windows 7

I'm having a strange problem with .net framework applications. Basically any app that requires .Net framework 3.5 gives me this error:
    Could not load file or assembly 'UIAutomationProvider, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

I believe it has something to do with the way the .net framework is built into Windows 7, but not sure how to solve it. When I go to program features and uncheck/check .net framework to reinstall, I just get an error.

The odd part is, when I run this tool for checking .net framework:
    CodePlex Archive

I get results that look like I should be having no issues:

NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue WviYm.jpg

Has anyone ever had this kind of problem?

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue

1. NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue - Similar Threads - NET Framework version

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. .NET framework issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET framework issue: In the Registry editior there isn't a v4.0 folder in the NET Framework\NDP folder yet when i try and download .NET v4.8 it is already installed on my computer? All of the support answers to resolve the install error require that i go to the V.4. folder but its not there How...
  5. .Net Framework 2 with later versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net Framework 2 with later versions: I want to install a program on a Win10 home laptop. The install routine says install .NET Framework 2 first. I can see that .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.38 were recently updated. This indicates multiple versions can co-exist. Possibly the install routine for this older program...
  6. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  7. windows 10 version 1903 .net framework issue

windows 10 version 1903 .net framework issue: Right after having installed 1903, when starting to index with Lookeen a parser error window appears every few seconds requiring .net Framework v4.0 to be installed. The very same error appears also when trying to start up the Copernic index service. Trying to install the...
  8. .NET Framework Issues

.NET Framework Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first time posting here so I hope I provide sufficient information. I have been some issues launching applications. Specifically, there are two video games on Steam that do not launch at all. If I launch them directly, I receive an...
  9. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  10. NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 Issue: I have five Windows 10 64 bit computers in a home private network. All computers could see each other and share file systems. Did an upgrade to 1809 on 12/13/18, everything still worked. Then update 2018-12 Cumulative Update for .net Framwork 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10...