Windows 10: .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

Discus and support .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kayhugh_07, Apr 18, 2024.

1. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make any downloading progress. I have searched and searched for multiple solutions that would hopefully fix the issue I'm having, but to no avail each and every one of them listed have done no good for my computer. I've had to stopped Window Features countless times with Task Manager and I've tried using certain codes that've b

:)

kayhugh_07, Apr 18, 2024

2. .NET Framework 3.5 remain stuck on searching for required files (Windows 11)

Hello,

Try the DISM method to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on your system.

Please refer following step-by-step guide:

How to enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 11

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2024
  4. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

Net Framework 3.5 installation Error: searching for required files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However we would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for cmd in search bar.
    2. Right click on Command Prompt and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Copy paste the following command and press Enter.

taskkill /im TiWorker.exe /f

net stop wuauserv /y

rmdir "%systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" /s /q

del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" /s /f /q

cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

​Dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All
    4. Then check if the issue still persists.

You may also want refer
    Install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10
    for more details.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

.NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

1. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing - Similar Threads - NET Framework Issue

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  5. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files": I've recently installed an app that needs .net framework 3.5. I tried installing it with the offline installer and I got to the loading screen. The bar was stuck for an hour. I tried closing and clicking the cancel button a few times but it wouldn't close. As a last resort to...
  6. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

.net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files": I've recently installed an app that needs .net framework 3.5. I tried installing it with the offline installer and I got to the loading screen. The bar was stuck for an hour. I tried closing and clicking the cancel button a few times but it wouldn't close. As a last resort to...
  7. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Net Framework 3.5 installation Error: searching for required files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Net Framework 3.5 installation Error: searching for required files: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I need to install .net Framework 3.5 but it gets stuck at "searching for required files". I then have to forcefully stop this update software. Then when restarting windows, it gets stuck at "getting Windows ready Don't turn...
  9. Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files

Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files: I am trying to install Net Framework 3.5 on my windows 10 laptop but when it gets to the searching for required files the progress bar keeps cycling and never gets past that screen. It seems like it connot find or cannot download the Net Framework files needed to install the...
  10. Net Framework 3.5 searching for required files problem

Net Framework 3.5 searching for required files problem: So im having a problem installing Net framework 3.5 it shows searching for required files and nothing else, if i try DISM method it just stays stuck on windows version. any help? 64898