Windows 10: NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version...

Discus and support NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i try to download .NET Framework 3.5 it just gives me the message "the changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epic Name, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Epic Name Win User

NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version...

when i try to download .NET Framework 3.5 it just gives me the message "the changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again" And the error code 0x80072F8F pls help i have tried literally everything and nothing has worked. NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version... 43ca5151-72ab-421e-92a3-0ed31a1626a5?upload=true.png

:)

Epic Name, Feb 1, 2019

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 1, 2019
  3. WSpaght Win User
    .net FRAMEWORK version 2.0

No it didn't help. When I opened the dialog box that you are referring to, the "(NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" box was already ticked/darkened. I went ahead and restarted my computer again just in case. When my computer restarted, I got
    the small pop up box that said that the "net Framework version 2.0" had not been installed. Any other ideas?

WSpaght, Feb 1, 2019
  4. NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version...

Start menu not working with .NET framework error

Hi Jankauskas,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

As per your post, Start menu not working with .NET framework error on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• What is the version of .NET framework on your system?

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows system files or due to the conflict between any third party applications on your system.

I suggest you to follow these methods below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's try to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install
    .NET Framework and then check, if this fixes the issue.

Let's try to follow these steps below:

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Un-check “.NET Framework ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Follow these steps to re-install .NET Framework :

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Make a check mark next to “.NET Framework
    ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version...

1. NET Framework 3.5 literally nothing has worked and no one else seems to have this version... - Similar Threads - NET Framework literally

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Literally nothing works

Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  5. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Literally nothing works: SoSome of the programs and files won't start/open, including the search bar and settingsSafe mode won't enable nor through msconfig nor through [Shift] + Restart nor through holding F8 sfc /scannow crushesNothing in msconfig window workschkdsk did nothingRestarting File...
  6. Literally nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. NET ERROR 2182--Nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NET ERROR 2182--Nothing seems to work: I'm running Windows 11 W11 on a Dell laptop. When I try to play Microsoft Minesweeper's Treasure Hunt sub-game, I can't pick anything up. I've repaired, reset and reinstalled the app several times, but the problem won't go away. After running the Windows Store troubleshooter...
  8. NET ERROR 2182--Nothing seems to work

NET ERROR 2182--Nothing seems to work: I'm running Windows 11 W11 on a Dell laptop. When I try to play Microsoft Minesweeper's Treasure Hunt sub-game, I can't pick anything up. I've repaired, reset and reinstalled the app several times, but the problem won't go away. After running the Windows Store troubleshooter...
  9. .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer: Which .Net framework version is System.CultureAwareComparer added? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-version-having/72b4201f-f18b-4cb2-ad1d-b4c2374daf6c
  10. My NET Framework seems to have problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My NET Framework seems to have problems: Hi there! I'm having a hard time installing the Discord and other applications on my laptop Windows 10. It says that I need to download .NET 4.5 or higher but it keeps failing. So I tried to install the latest version which is .NET 4.8 but then it said that I have already the...