Windows 10: .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712

Discus and support .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello My old hard drive died and everything was working fine on it. On the new drive I seem to be struggling to get things working. One of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jcargile(2), Oct 22, 2019.

1. .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712

Hello

My old hard drive died and everything was working fine on it. On the new drive I seem to be struggling to get things working. One of these things I am struggling with is this .Net Framework 3.5. I keep getting the store is corrupted and an error code and I dont know how to fix it. I tried the comand prompt DISM(?) and it doesnt fix it. I am running Norton 360 anti virus but even when i turn it off it still comes up component store has been corrupted. Any suggestions?

:)

jcargile(2), Oct 22, 2019
  2. das10 Win User

Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft .Net Framework

.NET Framework is part of the Windows Vista/7 shell. If you deleted registry entries pertaining to the .NET Framework, you'll probably have to reinstall Windows.

Again, those error messages aren't .NET, it's some poorly coded application coded for .NET that starts on system startup that is crashing. Seeing as FireFox is the only app to have sqlite, I suspect it, or a component thereof, is the guilty party.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Intrepid1 Win User

.NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712

Component store has been corrupted. (0x80073712) and Error: 14098

Thanks for responding. I see you get around. *Smile

This is the only symptom:

My StartComponentCleanup task in Tasks Scheduler was failing with the error:
    Last Run Result: The component store has been corrupted. (0x80073712).
    The task is located in Task Scheduler under Microsoft, Windows, Servicing.

Yes, I have considered /ResetBase If I do try it, I will need to do it over a weekend after a full server backup image is completed. However, I expect it won't complete and will result in the same error as the command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

The fact that the ComponentCleanup task won't work anymore doesn't appear to be serious. The WinSxS folder will grow over the years - not a big deal. Older Windows didn't even have ComponentCleanup tasks. Just concerned this issue could get worse. Microsoft reports that Error 0x80073712 means "The component store is in an inconsistent state." However, the log after the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth shows no errors found!

Just trying to see if there is a solution to this issue. I have found others with the same exact issue (not necessarily same cause of course).

Intrepid1, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

.NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712

1. .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted error code 0x80073712 - Similar Threads - NET Framework component

2. I can't install .NET Framework 3.5, error code 0x80073712

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install .NET Framework 3.5, error code 0x80073712: Not sure if anyone else got this error code, but it's not on that Microsoft Learn article about solving installation problems for .NET Framework 3.5. The error code that I got is 0x80073712. The OS that I'm using is Windows 10. It happens literally every time I try to instal...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Failed installation of Microsoft >NET 4.8 Framework due to component store corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed installation of Microsoft >NET 4.8 Framework due to component store corrupted: I attempted an update to Microsoft .NET 4.8 Framework and installation failed. Message was component store has been corrupted. What is this and how do I fix it? Thank you!...
  5. Failed installation of Microsoft >NET 4.8 Framework due to component store corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed installation of Microsoft >NET 4.8 Framework due to component store corrupted: I attempted an update to Microsoft .NET 4.8 Framework and installation failed. Message was component store has been corrupted. What is this and how do I fix it? Thank you!...
  6. How to fix .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted Error code 0x80073712

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix .NET Framework 3.5 the component store has been corrupted Error code 0x80073712: Hi So ive been trying to figure this out for a few days now and i cant seem to resolve the issue. Ive tried everything, the DISM thing, sfc /scannnow, troubleshooting, heck i even downloaded the dotnfxrepair tool with no luck. I also noticed that this seems to be a persistent...
  7. DISM Error 14098, The component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 News
    DISM Error 14098, The component store has been corrupted: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]DISM is a powerful utility in Windows 10. It can be used with the Command Prompt command line for a variety of purposes. At the time, after trying to execute a command, it may throw up an error. One such [...] This post DISM Error 14098, The component store...
  8. dism the component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism the component store has been corrupted: system32>dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Het onderdeelarchief is beschadigd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-the-component-store-has-been-corrupted/3437e59c-805b-48c0-a52b-bccece6756aa
  9. StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted: Helllo! I have a problem with 'StartComponentCleanup' Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion:...
  10. Component store has been corrupted. (0x80073712) and Error: 14098

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Component store has been corrupted. (0x80073712) and Error: 14098: Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials RE: StartComponentCleanup Task fails DISM giving contradictory results My StartComponentCleanup task in Tasks Scheduler was failing with the error: Last Run Result: The component store has been corrupted. (0x80073712). The task is...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net the component store has been corrupted

2. the component store has been corrupted net.

3. 0x80073712 Framework

4. net frameowrk the component store has been corrupted,
  5. the component store has been corrupted asp.net framework