Windows 10: .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Discus and support .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to install .Net framework 3.5 for some of the games I play on steam (such as Saint's Row 2) and have had no luck so far. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wildheart1065, Apr 24, 2019.

1. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Hi, I've been trying to install .Net framework 3.5 for some of the games I play on steam (such as Saint's Row 2) and have had no luck so far. Every time it says that windows update is corrupted. I've tried everything from updates to programs and features and I always get the same code. 0x80073721.

I'm running windows 10 build 1803 and windows update for some reason won't update higher. I've tried the windows update repair tool and it didn't help at all. I spent hours searching forum after forum, support page after support page and so far none of the answers have helped. I tried using the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command along with 2 other related commands and it couldn't even find the files it needed to update and enable the .net framework. In regedit, there literally wasn't a windows update section in HKEY_LOCAL_USER. I have no installation media, as I'm using the windows copy that came with the computer and this laptop doesn't have a disc drive. Currently using the windows updater I downloaded from the Microsoft website to update to patch 1809, and hoping this helps resolve my issues. Feel free to contact me for more information.

:)

Wildheart1065, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 10.

Hi Mahi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in .Net framework is not installed through Windows Features.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

I suggest you to perform the below steps to check if .Net Framework is installed or activated in the Windows Features or not and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Then click on Programs and features.

3. Click on Turn Windows Features on or off.

4. Then expand .Net Framework 4.6.

5. Check mark on the ASAP.NET 4.6 and install it.

6. Restart your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing .Net Framework in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 24, 2019
  3. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 24, 2019
  4. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

.Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

1. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue. - Similar Threads - Net Framework update

2. .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3: I switched over to a computer using Windows 10 from Windows 7, and can no longer use Neuro-Programmer 3. I keep getting the error: "Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location" I understand that...
  3. net framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net framework: Hi, Every time I boot up, I get a prompt to install net framework 3.5. I go through the process but then the files can not be found. I dont know if I need it or not but I want this prompt to go away. Ideas will be appreciated. 116627
  4. net framework

in Windows 10 Support
    net framework: Hi, Every time I boot up, I get a prompt to install net framework 3.5. I go through the process but then the files can not be found. I dont know if I need it or not but I want this prompt to go away. Ideas will be appreciated. 116627
  5. Net Framework

Net Framework: Hello, I do not know when or how this .Net Framework was installed. It is not listed in the installed programs. (The only user is me) Found it in two places: 1. C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET 2. a. C:/Users/.NET v4.5 2. b. C:/Users/.Net v4.5 Classic Searching the internet I found...
  6. Net Framework

in Windows 10 Support
    Net Framework: Hello, I do not know when or how this .Net Framework was installed. It is not listed in the installed programs. (The only user is me) Found it in two places: 1. C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET 2. a. C:/Users/.NET v4.5 2. b. C:/Users/.Net v4.5 Classic Searching the internet I found...
  7. Microsoft .NET Framework Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft .NET Framework Issue: I have a Microsoft .NET Framework issue. I keep getting a dialogue box that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close...
  8. Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 .Net framework 3.5 issues: Alright, so I play games on steam frequently, and I recently bought a game i've wanted that recently has been ported to steam. after I bought it, it said it needed to install .Net Framework 3.5, so of course I try to download this, and the progress for downloading got all the...
  9. Updates .Net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates .Net framework 3.5: Greetings, excuse my English, install Net framework 3.5 on Windows 10 as a program I request me. After installation, run Windows Update to download any updates but there are none. That is why net framework 3.5 requires updates for Windows 10? Thanks in advance....
  10. Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue: Hi all. I hope I'm able to get some help here. Been banging my head against the wall for days. This all started this past week when I attempted to run Hearthstone on my laptop as I normally would but got hit with a crash log. Took that to their tech support forums and...