Windows 10: .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Discus and support .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to install .Net framework 3.5 for some of the games I play on steam (such as Saint's Row 2) and have had no luck so far. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wildheart1065, Apr 24, 2019.

1. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Hi, I've been trying to install .Net framework 3.5 for some of the games I play on steam (such as Saint's Row 2) and have had no luck so far. Every time it says that windows update is corrupted. I've tried everything from updates to programs and features and I always get the same code. 0x80073721.

I'm running windows 10 build 1803 and windows update for some reason won't update higher. I've tried the windows update repair tool and it didn't help at all. I spent hours searching forum after forum, support page after support page and so far none of the answers have helped. I tried using the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command along with 2 other related commands and it couldn't even find the files it needed to update and enable the .net framework. In regedit, there literally wasn't a windows update section in HKEY_LOCAL_USER. I have no installation media, as I'm using the windows copy that came with the computer and this laptop doesn't have a disc drive. Currently using the windows updater I downloaded from the Microsoft website to update to patch 1809, and hoping this helps resolve my issues. Feel free to contact me for more information.

:)

Wildheart1065, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 on Windows 10.

Hi Mahi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in .Net framework is not installed through Windows Features.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

I suggest you to perform the below steps to check if .Net Framework is installed or activated in the Windows Features or not and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Then click on Programs and features.

3. Click on Turn Windows Features on or off.

4. Then expand .Net Framework 4.6.

5. Check mark on the ASAP.NET 4.6 and install it.

6. Restart your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with installing .Net Framework in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 24, 2019
  3. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 24, 2019
  4. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

.Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue.

1. .Net Framework 3.5/Windows update issue. - Similar Threads - Net Framework update

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. .NET framework issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET framework issue: In the Registry editior there isn't a v4.0 folder in the NET Framework\NDP folder yet when i try and download .NET v4.8 it is already installed on my computer? All of the support answers to resolve the install error require that i go to the V.4. folder but its not there How...
  7. .NET Framework Issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework Issues.: So, I'm on a HP Notebook laptop running the latest version of Windows 10, but recently I've been having trouble with .NET Framework features, whenever I tried downloading .NET Framework it would show an error called "HRESULT 0x80240017" , and there wasn't a way I could fix...
  8. .net frameWork issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net frameWork issue: some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc. I go into my "turn windows features on or off" menu in control panel. It gives me for .net framework: .net environment, .NET...
  9. .NET Framework Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework Update: So when I updated my laptop (Windows 10) as it rebooted it said "To use this application please update your .NET framework version. Do you want to update it?" And it gave me to options, "Yes" or "No". So I chose yes. It redirected me to this website......
  10. .NET Framework Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET Framework Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first time posting here so I hope I provide sufficient information. I have been some issues launching applications. Specifically, there are two video games on Steam that do not launch at all. If I launch them directly, I receive an...