Windows 10: .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

Discus and support .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, I was trying to install a software update for a program that I'm using daily for my job I'm a freelance translator. I was asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NatasjaDevos, Mar 2, 2021.

1. .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

Hello Community,

I was trying to install a software update for a program that I'm using daily for my job I'm a freelance translator. I was asked to instal .NET Framework 4.8. All files were succesfully downloaded, but the installation stopped halfway in progress and I see this error message:

.NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed e9d24b38-b7a8-45d9-8d28-fff35b2d0a29?upload=true.png

There are several errors in the log file :

• SetupResources.dll missing from 2057 directory
    • PerformOperation on exe returned exit code 2 translates to HRESULT = 0x2
    • OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
    • Final Result: Installation failed with error code: 0x00000002, "The system cannot find the file specified. "

.NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed 8eab5610-5b8a-4f81-a5fe-f9895c395c74?upload=true.png

.NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed a8f4eb64-924a-4a5d-a932-229ae743ac15?upload=true.png

Can anyone please advise me on next steps?

FYI, I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903.

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind regards,

Natasja

:)

NatasjaDevos, Mar 2, 2021

2. .NET Framework not installing on Surface pro 4

Hi Robert,

There are several ways to work around issues with installing .NET Framework. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you also having issues installing updates on your computer?
    • What happened when you tried to download and install .NET Framework 3.5?
    • Does the issue happens on a different user account?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Windows update error 0x80070002.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Problems with .NET Framework 4 Full installation

Hi,

Based on your post, it does seem like the Net Framework is still installed on your PC. Having said that, we would like to recommend a thread that we found that can help you solve your concern. To view the suggested steps from the community members who experienced
    the same issue, check this thread:
    .NET Framework 4 & 4.5 won't install because it is already installed; Windows 10 : December

We will wait for your update.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 2, 2021
  4. .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

unable to install microsoft .net framework 4 on my windows 10

Hello Dinesh,

There's a possibility that Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already part of your Windows that's why you are getting the error message
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4
    redistributable. when installing it. To verify if it was already installed, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. If so, tick the box beside it.
    • Click on OK.

Once completed, kindly provide us with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

.NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

1. .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed - Similar Threads - NET Framework Installation

2. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  3. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  4. Installation Did not succeed NET Framework 4.8 Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Did not succeed NET Framework 4.8 Access is denied.: I have been trying to install the .Net framework 4.8 on my server with windows server 2016. but I am receiving this error: OS Version = 10.0.14393, SP = 0.0, Platform 2 OS Description = Future OS - x64 Standard Edition MSI = 5.0.14393.5501 Windows servicing = 10.0.14393.0...
  5. Installation Did not succeed NET Framework 4.8 Access is denied.

Installation Did not succeed NET Framework 4.8 Access is denied.: I have been trying to install the .Net framework 4.8 on my server with windows server 2016. but I am receiving this error: OS Version = 10.0.14393, SP = 0.0, Platform 2 OS Description = Future OS - x64 Standard Edition MSI = 5.0.14393.5501 Windows servicing = 10.0.14393.0...
  6. How to Fix "Microsoft .NET Framework Clipboard Operation Did not succeed."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix "Microsoft .NET Framework Clipboard Operation Did not succeed.": Hi, I am getting this error msg when i am try to copy Text in Word, Excel, Websites .... etc.How to fix this issue, Windows 11 Pro, Up to date. See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  7. How to Fix "Microsoft .NET Framework Clipboard Operation Did not succeed."

How to Fix "Microsoft .NET Framework Clipboard Operation Did not succeed.": Hi, I am getting this error msg when i am try to copy Text in Word, Excel, Websites .... etc.How to fix this issue, Windows 11 Pro, Up to date. See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  8. trying to install .net framework 4 but got error

trying to install .net framework 4 but got error: i was installing .net framework 4.i got errorw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-net-framework-4-but-got-error/b50fa5e2-b4de-4198-bd1a-55d108638b4b
  9. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  10. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Net framework installations exe

2. .net framework did not succeed 4.7.2

3. .net framework 4.8 did not succeed

4. dot net framework installation did not succees,
  5. .Net framework 4.8 installation did not succeed