Windows 10: [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up

Discus and support [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have been having some serious problems with this clr.dll located at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319, and I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rekordea, Aug 5, 2020.

1. [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up

So I have been having some serious problems with this clr.dll located at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319, and I have tried "reinstalling" net framework as literally every solution online did that, and the only way to do it was to go to the "Change windows features" section on the control panel.

And whatever I did (tried other things like repairing and so on) I couldn't get it done, and every installer was saying the newer version was available and it annoyed me so I stupidly decided to completely delete the Framework64\v4.0.30319 folder, and tried installing it then, but it didn't work so.

I pasted the Framework (folder) ones' to the Framework64 (folder) one, but it now doesn't work at all.. and by day today (has been 4 days) I've been having some daily problems like Steam not opening or DS4Windows not launching or file explorer restarting randomly and some services failing to start..

So I would appreciate every help from you guys, thanks.

submitted by /u/Rekordea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rekordea, Aug 5, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 5, 2020
  3. .net framework 3.5 sp1 not installing

All right.. this is the funny a$$ part.. So.. TRT, I did what you said.. then did something I should of did WAY before starting this.. Reg cleaner.. lol..

So.. my steps..

• Uninstall everything to which it's just .net framework 2.0
    • Restart
    • Install 3.5 sp1 via *Stick Out Tongue [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up :program and Features: Turn off....
    • Restart
    • Reg clean threw CCleaner 4 times, every time had a issue.
    • Verify that all .net up to 3.5 sp1 was installed and been verified to be working
    • went to website
    • saw a action to "run test" to see if system is compatible.
    • Allowed Firewall/ windows defender to run said program (says it's a low grade trojan
    • Went to issued program and opened..
    • Worked..

lol... oh, how stupid I was.. I all ways run reg cleaner on new os's... My mind is losing myself... *Roll :roll:

Cold Storm, Aug 5, 2020
  4. [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

[.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up

1. [.NET Framework] Did a stupid thing and f'd up - Similar Threads - NET Framework Did

2. .NET frameworks messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET frameworks messed up: Hello, As a result of trying to disable windows defender permanently I really don't want bills stupid spyware on my computer I watched a video and messed around with the .NET frameworks, and I've forgotten which checked boxes are default and which aren't. If someone could...
  3. .NET frameworks messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET frameworks messed up: Hello, As a result of trying to disable windows defender permanently I really don't want bills stupid spyware on my computer I watched a video and messed around with the .NET frameworks, and I've forgotten which checked boxes are default and which aren't. If someone could...
  4. .NET frameworks messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. .NET framework

.NET framework: First of all, I want to use my ps4 controller to play something. I must use DS4 programme for this. I installed the programme successfully. But, when I open the programme, it gives an error that says you must install ".NET ". Although, I install the .NET framework it gave...
  6. .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed: Hello Community, I was trying to install a software update for a program that I'm using daily for my job I'm a freelance translator. I was asked to instal .NET Framework 4.8. All files were succesfully downloaded, but the installation stopped halfway in progress and I see...
  7. .NET Framework Error on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Error on start up: I get this error every time that I start windows. I am concerned that I am no long secure when making purchases online can anyone help me with this error. [ATTACH] DETAILS: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this...
  8. net framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework: Hi everyone, I'm installing the .net framework in windows 10, but the problem shows "net framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system". please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/dc7042ba-38ad-4c2a-b795-610aff6e34b1
  9. net framework

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    net framework: does my windows 10 not support the net framework web installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/daa8b145-cd2e-41bb-a7c1-e233342f966f
  10. Net Framework

Net Framework: Hello, In my win 10 1803 system are installed .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.5 classic. While looking into the MS update catalog, found this KB4502563 which is an update to .Net 4.8. Shell I install .Net 4.8 first or ignore the update and remain with 4.5 version already installed....