Windows 10: .Net Framework missing from Windows Features

Discus and support .Net Framework missing from Windows Features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 1909 build 18363.1082 and after an update which had a BSOD in the middle of it I am now having troubles with the .NET Framework.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlieWhittaker, Nov 11, 2020.

1. .Net Framework missing from Windows Features

I'm running windows 10 1909 build 18363.1082 and after an update which had a BSOD in the middle of it I am now having troubles with the .NET Framework.

When I try to open any application which used .NET framework I get the following message:

.Net Framework missing from Windows Features d1cbfb43-561a-4d63-84b0-ebe81b9b26ef?upload=true.png

Looking in the 'Windows Features' window there seems to be a duplicate of many of the items, and no options for .NET Framework 3.5 or 4. If I try to tick the box next to any of the .NET Extensibility items it will be unticked the next time I open the window.

.Net Framework missing from Windows Features 39feecfb-5fb1-42c7-9d4d-ac56376f4d6c?upload=true.png

And if I then try to install the .NET framework from the microsoft offline or web installer I get the message that .Net Framework 4.8 or later is already installed

.Net Framework missing from Windows Features ff758ef4-3ddf-4b98-b860-67ac17a61528?upload=true.png

I've tried running the .NET Framework repair tool, which came back with the following actions, however that hasn't solved the problem.

.Net Framework missing from Windows Features 7c9c4737-3392-499f-91cb-3cef4b985db8?upload=true.png

The next step gives a lsit of logs, which I'm happy to attach if any of them may be relavent.

C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log

C:\Windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.log

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvents.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_dotNetFx40_Full_setup 1_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_dotNetFx40_Full_setup_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_ndp48-web 1_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_ndp48-web_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_netfxrepairtool 1_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_SetupUtility.txt

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_vcredist_amd64_20201108175941.log

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_vcredist_amd64_20201110231713.log

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_vcredist_amd64_20201110232050.log

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_20201110_202703792.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_20201111_091635392.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_20201111_111421841.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup_20201111_123823104.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Setup_20201111_130411993.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201110_175116531.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201111_133330728.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201111_140723022.html

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKCR_Installer.regdump

C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKLM_Installer.regdump

I've tried running from the command prompt but neither of them show any corruption, and I'm now out of ideas and can't find any other solutions on the forums.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Has anyone got any further suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Charlie

:)

CharlieWhittaker, Nov 11, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Nov 11, 2020
  4. .Net Framework missing from Windows Features

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

.Net Framework missing from Windows Features

1. .Net Framework missing from Windows Features - Similar Threads - Net Framework missing

2. Net framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net framework: Hi .When I go to update and securty to update win10 pro for check .When I press check for update . Showing me 2 update 1 for Microsoft defender antivirus and one for net framework .Microsoft defender antivirus installing And net framework showing install square so I have to...
  3. .NET framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET framework: First of all, I want to use my ps4 controller to play something. I must use DS4 programme for this. I installed the programme successfully. But, when I open the programme, it gives an error that says you must install ".NET ". Although, I install the .NET framework it gave...
  4. net framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework: Hi everyone, I'm installing the .net framework in windows 10, but the problem shows "net framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system". please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/dc7042ba-38ad-4c2a-b795-610aff6e34b1
  5. .Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update: By a recent windows update in Windows feature Net Framework 3.5 got replaced by .Net environment. Now I am not able to start applications like powershell, docker desktop etc. which relies on .NET. Here is the New Windows Feature screen. Here you can find the Old Windows...
  6. net framework

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    net framework: does my windows 10 not support the net framework web installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/daa8b145-cd2e-41bb-a7c1-e233342f966f
  7. .net framework

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework: My registry editor is showing that only version 4.0 of the net framework is installed on my system but when I run the net framework setup it says this version is already installed. Please help me with the same...
  8. Net Framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Net Framework: Hello, In my win 10 1803 system are installed .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.5 classic. While looking into the MS update catalog, found this KB4502563 which is an update to .Net 4.8. Shell I install .Net 4.8 first or ignore the update and remain with 4.5 version already installed....
  9. Windows 10 Pro - .Net Framework is not enable in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro - .Net Framework is not enable in Windows Features: I installed Windows 10 Pro v1903. I try to enable .Net 4.8 Framework but it is not possible. I tick option .Net Environment and .Net Extensibility 4.8, click OK and on nex windows there is a message Windows completed the requested changes. But when I run Windows Features...
  10. Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher: I just got a new laptop and I need to install several programs. However when I go to install them the installer pauses on the installation of .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. It will give me a separate window saying that the program needs access to a specific feature but wont...