Windows 10: .NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10

Discus and support .NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been pulling my hair over this so I wanted to ask for help here. Many of programs that I use require .NET Framework to function, and randomly they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by polj1c, Jan 11, 2021.

1. polj1c Win User

.NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10

I've been pulling my hair over this so I wanted to ask for help here. Many of programs that I use require .NET Framework to function, and randomly they just stopped working due to .NET Framework not being available on my PC. I tried to re-install it but when I do it says ".NET Framework is already installed on this computer". I've tried to look on Control Panel to check if .NET Framework even is there but it isn't, so I can't re-install it either. When I go to Control Panel >>> Turn Windows features on or off, .NET Framework isn't there, there is just .NET Environment, .NET Extensibility 3.5 and .NET Extensibility 4.8, and when I try to turn on any of them it says something like "Searching for required files" and after that "Windows has completed requested changes" and when I check again it's turned off and programs that require .NET Framework still doesn't function. Any help would be very much appreciated as I've been pulling my hair over this for like 6 hours now. Thank you in advance.

:)

polj1c, Jan 11, 2021

2. .NET Framework 4.5.2 not showing in control panel

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows and provides common functionality for those applications to run. Normally, before running/installing such applications, we need to enable .NET Framework
    from the Control Panel on the computer. So, you may first check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in the Control Panel on Windows 10 Technical Preview and if available, you may enable it from the Control Panel to install it on the computer.

.net 4.6 version framework is preinstalled in Windows 10.I suggest you to enable it if it is not enabled.

Please refer the below steps and check if it works.

Step 1:

1. In Search bar Type Turn Windows features on or off.

2. Select the particular .NET Framework 4.6

3. Click Ok and then restart the system.

Step 2:

1. Type Control panel in the search bar.

2. Select programs and features

3. Check if that particular .NET Framework 4.6 exists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 11, 2021
  3. MJD9119 Win User
    .NET Framework 4.5.2 not showing in control panel

Hello,

I have tried this and it still doesn't show, I did the steps and it only appears on the windows features turn on and off section. .NET Framework 4.6 and .NET Framework 3.5 doesn't appear in the programs and features.

Thanks.

MJD9119, Jan 11, 2021
  4. MJD9119 Win User

.NET Framework 4.5.2 not showing in control panel

Hello,

I have previously uninstalled .NET Framework v4.5.2 and it no longer shows in the control panel as you would expect. After i tried to reinstall it, it said that the program is already installed but is not appearing in the control panel. I have
    tried to reinstall it many times and it repeatedly says that it is installed. I cannot reinstall it and cannot uninstall it; I have used ccleaner to try and fix the registry and it has not worked at all, any help?

Thanks.

MJD9119, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. .NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NET Framework working

2. .NET Framework doesnt appear at control panel but says that it's already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework doesnt appear at control panel but says that it's already installed: Im trying to download an .exe file that requieres framework 4.5 or higer I tried to install a new version but says that I HAVE A NEWER VERSION I don¡t know why....
  3. .NET Framework doesnt appear at control panel but says that it's already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework doesnt appear at control panel but says that it's already installed: Im trying to download an .exe file that requieres framework 4.5 or higer I tried to install a new version but says that I HAVE A NEWER VERSION I don¡t know why....
  4. .NET Framework Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework Not Working: So one day i was deleting some programs to clear up space and i accidentally uninstalled .NET Framework because at first i didnt know what it did. Until I learned that some applications dont work without them. So i tried to install .NET Framework but it said I have it...
  5. For some reason, I can't enable the .NET Framework on the control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    For some reason, I can't enable the .NET Framework on the control panel: It started with an error showing when I tried to open the Discord app. It couldn't find .net framwork on my computer, and I couldn't even uninstall it. After a couple tutorials on YouTube, I tried to go on Windows Features to turn the .net on and off. Turns out not only it...
  6. Headset doesn't show on control panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset doesn't show on control panel: So I was using bluetooth headphones until recently. I had to buy a non-wireless headset recently, and am trying to configure it. The problem is, since I have a laptop, having built-in speakers and mic, when I go to control panel, the headset doesn't show, only the built-in...
  7. Offline installer of .NET Framework 3.5 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Offline installer of .NET Framework 3.5 doesn't work: i tried to install .net framework offline, i hadall requirements like a windows installation file but when i try to install i get this error: [ATTACH] I've also tried the command on CMD and Powershell but still the same error 0x80004005 I've tried its online installer,...
  8. .net framework not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .net framework not working: Sorry if the title is not detailed enough BUT anyway. I updated my windows 10 on the fast ring just recently and after it was done, some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc....
  9. .net framework not working

in Windows 10 Support
    .net framework not working: Sorry if the title is not detailed enough BUT anyway. I updated my windows 10 on the fast ring just recently and after it was done, some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc....
  10. Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Item in Control Panel Doesn't Work: My "Mail" Item in my control panel gone completely white and when I try to run it I get a error massage > All Control Panel Items Application not found ....