Windows 10: .net framework not working

Discus and support .net framework not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry if the title is not detailed enough BUT anyway. I updated my windows 10 on the fast ring just recently and after it was done, some programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ndaoud360, Jan 30, 2019.

1. ndaoud360 Win User

.net framework not working

Sorry if the title is not detailed enough BUT anyway. I updated my windows 10 on the fast ring just recently and after it was done, some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc. I go into my "turn windows features on or off" menu in control panel. It gives me for .net framework: .net environment, .NET extensibility 3.5, .NET extensibility 4.8, and ASP .NET 4.8. All of which are unchecked. I check them and click OK. BUT they immediately uncheck themselves.

I try to download multiple versions of .net to install but every one of the versions say either, .net is already installed or that a newer version of .net is already installed. I even tried doing .net repair tool which didn't fix anything. I also tired using cmd to repair a .net installer and it asked me to uninstall or repair which I tried both and it claimed to successfully do both but nothing is fixed. I as well tried to reinstall windows while keeping everything and I tried updating my windows build because a new version came out and it's not fixing anything. And Microsoft can't help because I'm on an insider build. I can't roll back to a release build because I don't have any nor can I downgrade because I'll lose my data.

The last resort is to fresh reinstall deleting all programs but I DO NOT want to have to do that.

How can I fix this?

:)

ndaoud360, Jan 30, 2019

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Jan 30, 2019
  4. .net framework not working

Start menu not working with .NET framework error

Hi Jankauskas,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

As per your post, Start menu not working with .NET framework error on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• What is the version of .NET framework on your system?

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows system files or due to the conflict between any third party applications on your system.

I suggest you to follow these methods below to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's try to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install
    .NET Framework and then check, if this fixes the issue.

Let's try to follow these steps below:

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Un-check “.NET Framework ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Follow these steps to re-install .NET Framework :

a. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

b. Expand “.NET Framework ” option.

c. Make a check mark next to “.NET Framework
    ”.

d. Restart the computer.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

.net framework not working

1. .net framework not working - Similar Threads - net framework working

2. Net framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net framework: Hi .When I go to update and securty to update win10 pro for check .When I press check for update . Showing me 2 update 1 for Microsoft defender antivirus and one for net framework .Microsoft defender antivirus installing And net framework showing install square so I have to...
  3. .NET framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET framework: First of all, I want to use my ps4 controller to play something. I must use DS4 programme for this. I installed the programme successfully. But, when I open the programme, it gives an error that says you must install ".NET ". Although, I install the .NET framework it gave...
  4. .NET Framework Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework Not Working: So one day i was deleting some programs to clear up space and i accidentally uninstalled .NET Framework because at first i didnt know what it did. Until I learned that some applications dont work without them. So i tried to install .NET Framework but it said I have it...
  5. net framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework: Hi everyone, I'm installing the .net framework in windows 10, but the problem shows "net framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system". please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/dc7042ba-38ad-4c2a-b795-610aff6e34b1
  6. net framework

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    net framework: does my windows 10 not support the net framework web installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/daa8b145-cd2e-41bb-a7c1-e233342f966f
  7. .net framework

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework: are all previous versions of net framework required before downloading the latest version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/1b2b9e20-e8ba-4095-8a08-2924445e5836
  8. .net framework

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework: My registry editor is showing that only version 4.0 of the net framework is installed on my system but when I run the net framework setup it says this version is already installed. Please help me with the same...
  9. Net Framework

Net Framework: Hello, In my win 10 1803 system are installed .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.5 classic. While looking into the MS update catalog, found this KB4502563 which is an update to .Net 4.8. Shell I install .Net 4.8 first or ignore the update and remain with 4.5 version already installed....
  10. .net framework not working

.net framework not working: Sorry if the title is not detailed enough BUT anyway. I updated my windows 10 on the fast ring just recently and after it was done, some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net extensibility 4.8 stays unchecked