Windows 10: .NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key...

Discus and support .NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting to uninstall Malwarebytes using their uninstaller tool. Running it displayed: .NET Updates not found .NET 4.0 Updates are required,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by questions_, Jan 26, 2021.

1. .NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key...

I'm attempting to uninstall Malwarebytes using their uninstaller tool.

Running it displayed:

.NET Updates not found

.NET 4.0 Updates are required, but not detected on this machine.

Please check for the latest .NET updates using Windows Update and then try again.

The Windows version / build: 1909 OS Build 18363.1139

When the NET Framework troubleshoot was ran it displayed:

HPSF_Tasks.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error

Please set registry key

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

Using regedit the path to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework was seen.

InstallRoot was not seen.

1 How do you set the registry key if InstallRoot is not seen?

2 What is the .NET Framework install location?

These were displayed below .NETFramework:

Advertised

AssemblyFolders

NGen

NGenQueue

policy

Security

v2.0.50727

v3.0

v4.0.30319

Windows Presentation Foundation

These were the logs that the tool displayed that it was sending to Microsoft:

C:\windows\windowsupdate.log

C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.log

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvents.txt

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_netfxrepairtool1_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_netfxrepairtool2_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_netfxrepairtool_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool_20210125_084646814.html

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool_20210125_084929381.html

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool_20210125_223423722.html

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKCR_Installer.regdump

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKLM_Installer.regdump

Some logs:

.NET Framework troubleshooting:  How to set registry key... cfff8ca3-446c-47e0-8e21-e7b8902fb48e?upload=true.png

.NET Framework troubleshooting:  How to set registry key... 45f422ef-98f2-4055-a6dc-848446954e5b?upload=true.png

.NET Framework troubleshooting:  How to set registry key... 75c9b6fd-f657-40ad-afb5-e73e7c5c5c9b?upload=true.png

:)

questions_, Jan 26, 2021

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 26, 2021
  3. jmbtexas4 Win User
    .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key

Hello,

I have a program called NeuroProgrammer. I believe the following error could have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure.

When I try to open the program, I get the following error:

Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\installroot to point to the .net framework install location

.NET Framework troubleshooting:  How to set registry key... [​IMG]

I tried reinstalling the program to no avail.

How can I get this program working again?

Thanks!

Jeff

jmbtexas4, Jan 26, 2021
  4. .NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key...

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

.NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key...

1. .NET Framework troubleshooting: How to set registry key... - Similar Threads - NET Framework troubleshooting

2. .NET framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET framework: First of all, I want to use my ps4 controller to play something. I must use DS4 programme for this. I installed the programme successfully. But, when I open the programme, it gives an error that says you must install ".NET ". Although, I install the .NET framework it gave...
  3. How to troubleshoot .Net Framework registry problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to troubleshoot .Net Framework registry problems?: On this computer there are problems with .Net Framework that were not fixed by the .Net Framework troubleshooting links. Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.1139) The pop up and registry displayed: [img] How do you fix .Net...
  4. net framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework: Hi everyone, I'm installing the .net framework in windows 10, but the problem shows "net framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system". please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/dc7042ba-38ad-4c2a-b795-610aff6e34b1
  5. net framework

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    net framework: does my windows 10 not support the net framework web installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework/daa8b145-cd2e-41bb-a7c1-e233342f966f
  6. .net framework

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .net framework: My registry editor is showing that only version 4.0 of the net framework is installed on my system but when I run the net framework setup it says this version is already installed. Please help me with the same...
  7. Net Framework

Net Framework: Hello, In my win 10 1803 system are installed .Net 4.5 and .Net 4.5 classic. While looking into the MS update catalog, found this KB4502563 which is an update to .Net 4.8. Shell I install .Net 4.8 first or ignore the update and remain with 4.5 version already installed....
  8. .NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key

.NET Framework Initialization Error - Please Set Registry Key: Hello, I have a program called NeuroProgrammer. I believe the following error could have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure. When I try to open the program, I get the following error: Please set registry key...
  9. Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue: Hi all. I hope I'm able to get some help here. Been banging my head against the wall for days. This all started this past week when I attempted to run Hearthstone on my laptop as I normally would but got hit with a crash log. Took that to their tech support forums and...
  10. Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set

Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set: Hi all, according to this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html compatibility settings could be done in several ways. However, I'm experiencing a different behaviour if I set compatibility through registry key or through Program Compatibility...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Please set registry key installation error