Windows 10: .net framework version 4.6.1

Discus and support .net framework version 4.6.1 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; .net framework version 4.6.1 is the support of it gone going forward on the latest Win10 machines. Is it absolutely necessary to update the framework... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vishal Jay Nahar, Jan 3, 2019.

1. .net framework version 4.6.1

.net framework version 4.6.1 is the support of it gone going forward on the latest Win10 machines. Is it absolutely necessary to update the framework of all our applications?

:)

Vishal Jay Nahar, Jan 3, 2019

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Net framework 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We also thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. You can see a list of programs installed in your PC.

Step 3: Click on the program you want to install. Uninstall option will get highlighted.

Step 4: Click Uninstall to uninstall the program.

Method 2:

To Turn Windows feature on/off, follow the steps below:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. On the left side panel select Turn Windows feature on or off
    option.

Step 3: In the appeared window, check the option
    .net framework. It will now appear in the Programs and features
    page

Step 4: Click on
    .net framework and uninstall.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jan 3, 2019
  4. WSpaght Win User

.net framework version 4.6.1

.net FRAMEWORK version 2.0

No it didn't help. When I opened the dialog box that you are referring to, the "(NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" box was already ticked/darkened. I went ahead and restarted my computer again just in case. When my computer restarted, I got
    the small pop up box that said that the "net Framework version 2.0" had not been installed. Any other ideas?

WSpaght, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

.net framework version 4.6.1

1. .net framework version 4.6.1 - Similar Threads - net framework version

2. .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework version having System.CultureAwareComparer: Which .Net framework version is System.CultureAwareComparer added? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-version-having/72b4201f-f18b-4cb2-ad1d-b4c2374daf6c
  3. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1: Today, we are happy to deliver the first preview of .NET 6 and share what you can expect from the new release. We have been defining the overall shape of the release for the last few months, including a large set of new experiences and capabilities. The heart of .NET 6 is...
  4. .Net Framework 2 with later versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net Framework 2 with later versions: I want to install a program on a Win10 home laptop. The install routine says install .NET Framework 2 first. I can see that .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.38 were recently updated. This indicates multiple versions can co-exist. Possibly the install routine for this older program...
  5. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  6. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? They are from version 1.2 to 4.6.1. [ATTACH] 127571
  7. Many .NET Framework versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Many .NET Framework versions: These are the .NET Framework versions I have in my system. Can I tidy off some of them? [ATTACH] 127571
  8. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  9. Microsoft .net framework version 1.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft .net framework version 1.1: I have fresh Windows 10.0 64 bit Operating system. cant installed .net framework 1.1... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/microsoft-net-framework-version-11/36c49097-bf91-4c02-be30-961360aa0141
  10. Support Ending for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1

in Windows 10 News
    Support Ending for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1: On January 12, Support Ends for these .NET Framework Versions As previously announced, starting January 12, 2016 Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, technical support or hotfixes for .NET 4, 4.5, and 4.5.1 frameworks. All other framework versions,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net framework version=4.6.1