Windows 10: net stop wuauserv System Error 5

Discus and support net stop wuauserv System Error 5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im trying to execute "net stop wuauserv" but it appears: System error 5 has ocurred. Access is denied. Im using Windows Powershell Admin and honestly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrimaxPR, May 17, 2020.

1. AdrimaxPR Win User

net stop wuauserv System Error 5

Im trying to execute "net stop wuauserv" but it appears: System error 5 has ocurred. Access is denied.

Im using Windows Powershell Admin and honestly i don't know what is going on.

I hope this could be solved ASAP :

:)

AdrimaxPR, May 17, 2020
  2. MM31183 Win User

Still cannot upgrade to 1803 - Can no longer net stop wuauserv, even with elevated command prompt

Like I said in the OP, I can no longer net stop wuauserv, even with Admin privileges. I have tried Powershell too, with the same "System error 5" and "access denied" messages. I was able to until about two months ago.

MM31183, May 17, 2020
  3. Command: net stop wuauserv says service is starting or stopping

Hi ! I had some issues with windows update so I looked up some solutions and the one with running commands in cmd is only one but when I run the command: net stop wuauserv , it says the service is starting or stopping and same case is with command : net
    start wuauserv.

I have also tried the troubleshooter and trying to start the service from the list of services but the start stop are disabled and it shows as Stopping.

Please Help !

AfnanAhmad06, May 17, 2020
  4. Outlaw Win User

Error 0x80070422 When Trying System Restore

Now get error not enough space on disk 0x80070070 ?

Outlaw, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. net stop wuauserv System Error 5 - Similar Threads - net stop wuauserv

2. System Error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Error 5: I have been trying to run "net stop winmgmt" in cmd prompt and whenever I run it I confirm it with "Y" then it fails with system error 5. I have read that a frequent reason for this problem is administrator privilege's so I tried creating a second user with full administrator...
  3. System 5 error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System 5 error?: New HP laptop with windows 11 home pre-installed...trying to change a user profile folder name but keep getting a system 5 error...access denied error message.When I set up the new computer, I am the administrator, Why am I getting a system 5 error?...
  4. System 5 error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System 5 error?: New HP laptop with windows 11 home pre-installed...trying to change a user profile folder name but keep getting a system 5 error...access denied error message.When I set up the new computer, I am the administrator, Why am I getting a system 5 error?...
  5. .net 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .net 5: Hello, While opening "HandBrake" program to add subtitle to a movie, got a notice there is an update to the program. Downloaded the update and tried to work with it, but it gave me a notice this program needs .NET. In the notice is a link to download this .NET, version 5.0.9....
  6. Windows update error (0x80080005) and Net start wuauserv

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update error (0x80080005) and Net start wuauserv: Hi so i am having this problem were i try to update windows but i get a code with (0x80080005). I searched to fix it and a lot of people have been going to command prompt and typing the same commands. When the command "net start wuauserv" comes next it says "The wuauserv...
  7. system error 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    system error 5: Hi I need help in activating my administrator account which i cant get to it for now. At first i did some activation, i needed to create a guest account to which i did but then i also activated built in administrator account and then i figured that there is two...
  8. Net Use Error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use Error 5: I'm running from a command window opened with admin privligies. I'm trying to create a mapped drive of f: from pc1 a windows 10 pc to another win 10 pc2 on the same network sub-domain. net use N: \\pc1\f$ /user:pc1\user1 password /persistent:yes Causes "Error 5...
  9. Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv: Win 10 Pro machine off for a few days. I have delayed the Fall update for 365 days as of 12/17 though I will eventually get around to installing it. I believe I know that the Meltdown/ Spectre update is non negotiable. With win 7 it was easy to disable all updates. While not...
  10. net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”: Hi, I have a "server" that ran win 7 and which I now updated to Win 10. On this server, there is truecrypt installed and a batch file which I call from a remote computer using psexec. This batch file mounts a truecrypt volume and shares this drive on the network. Sharing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net stop wuauserv system error 5 windows 10

2. the wuauserv service is not started