Windows 10: .NET support for OCSP Stapling

Discus and support .NET support for OCSP Stapling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Does any version of .NET support OCSP stapling? We're using .NET 3.5 in our application, on Windows 10, and noticed that CRL checks for a given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Captain_Lou, Oct 19, 2020.

1. .NET support for OCSP Stapling

Hi,

Does any version of .NET support OCSP stapling?

We're using .NET 3.5 in our application, on Windows 10, and noticed that CRL checks for a given SSL certificate always go out to the certificate authority. The certificate presenter Apache in our case is never queried for the cached OCSP response.

Thanks.

:)

Captain_Lou, Oct 19, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 19, 2020
  3. debbasu Win User
    OCSP Verification failed with error code

Hi All,

Can you please help us with following error while configuring OCSP while validating through below command. CDP and AIA is working but OCSP validation have issue. Though OCSP configuration showing no error.

certutil -verify -urlfetch C:\Users\user\Desktop\test.cer

---------------- Certificate OCSP ----------------

Failed "OCSP" Time: 0

Error retrieving URL: Method not allowed (405). 0x80190195 (-2145844843 HTTP_E_STATUS_BAD_METHOD)

http://crl2.domain.local/ocsp

Also PKI view shows below error:

.NET support for OCSP Stapling fb02783f-36ad-41e8-a829-79476ca13f18?upload=true.jpg

Please find the environment details as follows.

Currently we have two enterprise PKI env.

Old Env: Single Server served as Root CA and Issuing CA

New Env: Two layer architecture: Offline Root CA and Enterprise Issuing CA

debbasu, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

.NET support for OCSP Stapling

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

.NET support for OCSP Stapling

1. .NET support for OCSP Stapling - Similar Threads - NET support OCSP

2. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework Support Cycle: Good day, am looking for some information on support cycles for .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.1 SP1. Is it the case that if v 3.5.1 is installed the dependencies concerning 2.0 and 3.0 which are required are in support? I believe that in isolation they are end of...
  3. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework Support Cycle: Good day, am looking for some information on support cycles for .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.1 SP1. Is it the case that if v 3.5.1 is installed the dependencies concerning 2.0 and 3.0 which are required are in support? I believe that in isolation they are end of...
  4. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Net Support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Net Support: An alert continually pops up on my Windows 10 Laptop screen. At the top left of the alert window is "Net Support." The text of the alert is "Cannot read file c:\Users\slaph\AppData\Roaming\4Yc1Tiqd\client32.ini80. Please check this file exists and is valid." On This PC I can...
  6. No product key on new staples computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No product key on new staples computer: Hi there! I just recieved a new computer from staples that is supposed to come with a windows 10 product key sticker on the computer, but there isn't one! I'm trying to contact staples but was wondering if there's anyway to fix it directly with microsoft. Thanks!...
  7. The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system

in Windows 10 News
    The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system: [ATTACH]Some Windows users while attempting to install a program or a particular version of .NET Framework on their Windows 10 device might be stymied by the error message The .NET Framework is not supported on this operating system. In this post, we will briefly explain why...
  8. Visual Basic support planned for .NET 5.0

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Basic support planned for .NET 5.0: We’ve heard your feedback that you want Visual Basic on .NET Core. Earlier versions of .NET Core supported Class Library and Console applications types. Starting with .NET 5 Visual Basic will support: Class Library Console Windows Forms WPF Worker Service...
  9. PC Net Support.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Net Support.: Was on B of A website the other day, clicked on Statements and Documents and was blasted with a noisy, flashing alert that my computer security had been compromised. Ordinarily I just turn off my laptop and turn it back on to eliminate this intrusion, but this time it didn't...
  10. certutil check OCSP status using HTTP GET method.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    certutil check OCSP status using HTTP GET method.: I use certutil to check the Status of certificates, which have only OCSP URL but not CRL Distribution Point. In this case certutil performes a HTTP GET request and not HTTP POST and encodes URL characters as / and \. This is Problem for some OCSP responders. Is it posible to...