Windows 10: .NET update breaks Windows defender

Discus and support .NET update breaks Windows defender in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I just installed Windows 22H2 update. After the update Windows Defender worked fine until Windows installed .NET update KB5017026. The same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timo Hämäläinen, Sep 27, 2022.

1. .NET update breaks Windows defender

Hello,I just installed Windows 22H2 update. After the update Windows Defender worked fine until Windows installed .NET update KB5017026. The same thing happened in July when I installed Windows 11 for the first time. There was a .NET update that broke the Defender. Event log shows Event 7024 from Service Control Manager: The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error: The parameter is incorrect.As the firewall does not work I cannot use several applications that need firewall configuration changes.Any help would be appreciated.Timo

:)

Timo Hämäläinen, Sep 27, 2022

2. Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

Good Morning

For the last 3 weeks I for some reason can't update windows Defender. It's stuck on downloading.

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.275.1086.0)

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.652.0)

Once the update doesn't work I get the following error message:

Code:
    [b]Error 0x80070003 while downloading update for Windows Defender.
    [/b]
    I've tried everything also methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Try below given method if issue persist.

Method 2:

If issue persist I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net stop bits
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop appidsvc
      • net stop cryptsvc
    • Rename the softare distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
      • Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    • Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net start bits
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start appidsvc
      • net start cryptsvc
    • Restart your PC and check if it works.
    Method 3:

The system file may have got corrupted due to corruption in system file. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

PierreCoetzee1, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 27, 2022
  4. .NET update breaks Windows defender

.NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

.NET update breaks Windows defender

1. .NET update breaks Windows defender - Similar Threads - NET update breaks

2. KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan: Windows 11. It's all there in the title. I've installed and uninstalled it twice. Both times, offline scan was available in the options, but failed to start rebooting the machine. I've gone through the "upgrade in place" option....
  3. KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5023778 Breaks Defender Offline Scan: Windows 11. It's all there in the title. I've installed and uninstalled it twice. Both times, offline scan was available in the options, but failed to start rebooting the machine. I've gone through the "upgrade in place" option....
  4. .NET update breaks Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET update breaks Windows defender: Hello,I just installed Windows 22H2 update. After the update Windows Defender worked fine until Windows installed .NET update KB5017026. The same thing happened in July when I installed Windows 11 for the first time. There was a .NET update that broke the Defender. Event log...
  5. What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this Windows Defender that breaks with one button?: Hi everyone!Why does Windows Defender breaks with one button in the Win 10 Tweaker program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-windows-defender-that-breaks-with-one/36df52fb-8469-4219-9d30-001fe781072f
  6. Windows update breaking headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update breaking headphones: This happens to me every update. My headphones stop making audio and the mic doesn't work. For some reason, the headphones are still on the computer even when they are unplugged. They are set as my default audio even when they are unplugged from the computer. I don't know...
  7. Latest update to Windows Defender breaks all WiFi access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest update to Windows Defender breaks all WiFi access.: Yesterday when prompted by Windows Defender to download the latest update to Windows Defender definitions I did so. As soon as it finished installing, all WiFi access on my PC quit working. I tried to reconnect several times to no avail. Finally, I tried a different...
  8. Microsoft breaks Windows Defender on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft breaks Windows Defender on Windows 10: Update for Windows Defender broke the antivirus scans on Windows 10, with the antivirus protection software reporting error “Items Skipped During Scan”. For many users, Windows Defender scans are failing after a couple of minutes, confirming that “scan was skipped” and no...
  9. Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature: Some Windows 10 users have been troubled after applying the September 2019 cumulative update due to critical bugs like broken Start menu and Network adapter failures. Following a catalogue of disasters, another bug appears to be hitting Windows 10. According to various...
  10. Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall 1709 update breaks "net use" cmd to map drive: I used to be able to map an IoT device with a fixed IP address by using "net use X: \192.168.x.xx" and it would work. Long story short, after spending several hours on this, the new 1709 Creators Fall Edition seems to require the root label explicitly as "net use X:...