Windows 10: net use command works for LPT but not for COM

Discus and support net use command works for LPT but not for COM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need my USB printer to map to COM (old software only recognizes COM ports). using net use, i can map it to LPT, but when i try to map it to COM, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by may ross, Jan 15, 2019.

1. may ross Win User

net use command works for LPT but not for COM

I need my USB printer to map to COM (old software only recognizes COM ports). using net use, i can map it to LPT, but when i try to map it to COM, i get error 66

This is what i'm entering:

net use COM2: \127.0.0.1\E /persistent:yes

System error 66 has occurred.

The network resource type is not correct.

Why would it let me do LPT but not COM?

:)

may ross, Jan 15, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile net use command works for LPT but not for COM :)

Thema:

1. net use command works for LPT but not for COM - Similar Threads - net command works

2. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  3. Cant Install Ports Com LPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Install Ports Com LPT: When I try to install COM Ports and LPT it says "an error has occured because a function driver wasnt included in the intance.I try to install by going to device manager, selecting anything, clicking action->legacy hardware. Then I find Com Ports LPT and then select serial,...
  4. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  5. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home: The "fix" below does not work for me. It does add a single COM3 with a Code 34 attached. They are also not hidden. I have never had this problem with COM & LPT ports after dozens of computers I've built. Does anyone have any other ideas?The computer is a home built one. MSI...
  6. No COM & LPT ports, Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10

PORTS (COM & LPT) is not displayed in Windows 10: Hi PORTS (COM & LPT) is not appearing in my Device Manager in Windows 10. I followed these steps: Connect the USB. Open Device Manager. Click on Action. Select Add legacy hardware. Click on Next. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced),...
  8. Trouble with net use command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with net use command: I'm trying to write a batch file to map a network drive. This will map the Z drive to a NAS unit. However I'm having trouble with the command. Here is my command and the result: Net Use Z: \\10.0.0.77\Willow /user:xxxxxxx yyyyyyy More? Why would this command return...
  9. PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark

PORTS (COM & LPT) with yellow exclamation mark: Hello, I'm trying to port my ESP32 Arduino board to my laptop, but a yellow exclamation mark is showing up in the Communications Port COM3. (Screenshot of the issue below) How can I fix this? [ATTACH] Thanks a lot!...
  10. Printing problem through command prompt using copy and type command on lpt port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing problem through command prompt using copy and type command on lpt port: There is an issue in windows 10 that if the copy and type command is fired to lpt port to print on theremal printer, it is not happening. Kindly let me know the solution for this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net use com port 66 windows 10