Windows 10: Net user administrator /active:no

Discus and support Net user administrator /active:no in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So earlier this day I used an elevated cmd prompt and typed in net user administrator /active:yes to access a file, then changed it back to net user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ManjuSS, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ManjuSS Win User

Net user administrator /active:no

So earlier this day I used an elevated cmd prompt and typed in net user administrator /active:yes to access a file, then changed it back to net user administrator /active:no and now whenever I need to open something that normally would ask "Do you want to allow this app to make changes in your device?" the only available option is NO. I'm using a Dell laptop

So here's a list of things I've tried to fix it provided by google search:

1. Opening an elevated cmd prompt- can't because the same problem happens
    •Though I was able to open an elevated cmd in safe mode and type in net user administrator /active:yes the same problem is still there
    •Tried opening one through the task manager- not possible

•Tried opening one by going to Windows > System32 and right-clicking cmd to run it as admin- same problem

2. Running a Startup Repair under safe mode- can't because of an error C:/Windows/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt

3. Tried opening User Account Control- won't open cause of same problem

4. Opened Control Panel > User Accounts- can't access them same problem

5. Typed in 'regedit' through run by pressing Win + R
    •Should've been HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion> Winlogon> SpecialAccounts > UserList
    Can't find the folders CurrentVersion> Winlogon> SpecialAccounts > UserList after searching for a while so yeah....

6. Typed in 'meslog.msc'-doesn't work because I'm using Windows 10

I'll add more things If I can edit this post as this is my first time here later...

As of now I can't open some programs because of said problem and I can't even make changes to the programs I can open, nor uninstall programs from my laptop.

What now?

:)

ManjuSS, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 17, 2020
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Net user administrator /active:no

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Net user administrator /active:no

1. Net user administrator /active:no - Similar Threads - Net user administrator

2. net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.: Entering Command promptadmin get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account.See screenshot: If I wanna enable my administrator, it says access denied... :...
  3. net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.: Entering Command promptadmin get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account.See screenshot: If I wanna enable my administrator, it says access denied... :...
  4. Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user

Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user: Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my userAnyone can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-net-user-administrator-activeno-now-i-cant/eab74651-7418-4674-aa75-be1b6b791c70
  5. Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my user: Used net user administrator /active:no, now I can't log in my userAnyone can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/used-net-user-administrator-activeno-now-i-cant/eab74651-7418-4674-aa75-be1b6b791c70
  6. Net User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  7. Net User

Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  8. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  9. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  10. Cmd comando net user administrator/active:yes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd comando net user administrator/active:yes: Hi . I have an issue with the net user command... after several attempts trying to run it in the cmd as an "administrator" I've tried to set one of my two accounts as administrator mode...However after typing the command below: Net user Guima administrator/active: yes I...