Windows 10: net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

Discus and support net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DedeMager, Jul 8, 2021.

1. DedeMager Win User

net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing netplwiz it no longer takes me to Account Settings. Instead I get Advanced User Accounts Control Panel asking "Do You want to allow this app to make changes to this device?" with the ONLY option for an answer as NO.Where do I go from here???Grateful for any help!

:)

DedeMager, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 8, 2021
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Swifty Win User

net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

How to activate userid administrator

On a friends Windows 10 system, the command "net users" shows administrator and frank.
    "net user administrator" shows Active: no
    Frank has administrator privilege. The command "net user administrator /active:yes" yields:
    System error 5 has occurred
    Access is denied

So, how does frank activate userid administrator?

Swifty, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. - Similar Threads - net user administrator

2. net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.: Entering Command promptadmin get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account.See screenshot: If I wanna enable my administrator, it says access denied... :...
  3. net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.: Entering Command promptadmin get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account.See screenshot: If I wanna enable my administrator, it says access denied... :...
  4. System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post covers different workarounds you can try if you come across System error 5 has occurred, Access is denied in Windows 11/10. The System Error 5 occurs when you try to execute a command in Command Prompt without having administrative privileges. To be very...
  5. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  6. UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC.. NO YES BOX.. ACCESS DENIED.... NET USER: Trying to recover my HP. Everything I try I get the dreaded UACmsg. If I try to disable it.. I'm always asked for a password I don't remember it. So then I want to say YES to the UAC question. BUT THERE IS NO YES BOX . When I try to fix that.. I get theUAC prompt again. If I...
  7. System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges: Hi. I get "System error 5 Access is denied" error when trying to install Emscripten SDK 1.38.27 using the emsdk. I also have version 1.39.0 of Emscripten; what I want to do is to also get this earlier to have alongside it because I need it for Qt 5.13.1 (Qt for WebAssembly)...
  8. System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied: When I was trying to login to a Web development website as "http://IP or domain:port/SSMISDIY/MyApp/#login", it showed "System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied”. My Windows pro edition is 1709. I have disabled firewall and enabled system access permission, but it still didn't...
  9. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...
  10. net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”: Hi, I have a "server" that ran win 7 and which I now updated to Win 10. On this server, there is truecrypt installed and a batch file which I call from a remote computer using psexec. This batch file mounts a truecrypt volume and shares this drive on the network. Sharing...