Windows 10: Net User Command Limitations

Discus and support Net User Command Limitations in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ilovenobody123, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Net User Command Limitations

Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure.

:)

ilovenobody123, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 27, 2018
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Net User Command Limitations

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Net User Command Limitations

1. Net User Command Limitations - Similar Threads - Net User Command

2. Trouble with net use command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with net use command: I'm trying to write a batch file to map a network drive. This will map the Z drive to a NAS unit. However I'm having trouble with the command. Here is my command and the result: Net Use Z: \\10.0.0.77\Willow /user:xxxxxxx yyyyyyy More? Why would this command return...
  3. Limit users to their home folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  4. Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Net User Commands are not working properly for me: Hey, I have a network of computers and when I try to delete an account, it states that the command was executed successfully and the accounts do not show up with the command "net user /domain" in the list, as if they were deleted. But the problem comes in with me still being...
  5. net command pop ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    net command pop ups: Net command prompt keeps appearing asking to make changes to the computer Yes or No. It overrides any software that's running and freezes the screen and the only way to get rid of it is to press Y/N but it then reappears a few minutes later. It happens most frequently when...
  6. Windows updates for limited users

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates for limited users: I am using a Desktop. My pattern of usage is not to use the computer every day sometimes several days without use. When I use it may just be for an hour or so. When not in use the POWER will be OFF. I have set the Active Hours setting. I have also set the Metered Connection...
  7. 'net view' command

'net view' command: Hi - I have an audio player (X10) and video player (Dune) connected to my router. Looking at the attached pic, can anyone explain why both appear under 'Network' (in Explorer) but only the Dune appears in the Command Prompt 'net view'? Thank you. 102085
  8. Limit RDP users

Limit RDP users: Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer, can i do it? 49159
  9. Limited connected users

Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644
  10. Net Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Net Command: Hi everyone, Every time I turn my laptop on a message appears that says "NET COMMAND" Do you want this app to make changes to your pc. It has only started doing it in the last week. Any help to stop it would be appreciated. 47554