Windows 10: Net User command line question for Windows 10

Discus and support Net User command line question for Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings all! I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by crystalwolf111, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Net User command line question for Windows 10

Greetings all!

I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the net user command add that user to? It doesn't create a user folder as would normally happen during account creation. It doesn't add the account to System Properties / User Accounts. It will show up under a basic net user command listing all available users.

So where exactly is the net user command adding the profile that I created with it? Is it just in the registry? Profile Hive? Just in a net user user table?

I'm trying to create a custom user migration program that performs the same function as Windows 7 Migration Wizard did for Windows 10. (Yes I am aware that migwiz.exe can be used on Windows 10 just as easily - however there is some extra functionality that migwiz lacks that I would like to add in to my program) I would like to be able to move user accounts, cached user passwords, and user directories all in one go like Migwiz.exe does.

If anyone has an answer to my question or suggestions on how to accomplish my overall goal - I'd be much appreciative.

-CW
    Windows 10 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.959

:)

crystalwolf111, Aug 15, 2020

2. Net User command line question for Windows 10

Greetings all!

I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the net user command add that user to? It doesn't create a user folder as would normally happen during account creation. It doesn't add the account to System Properties / User Accounts. It will show up under a basic net user command listing all available users.

So where exactly is the net user command adding the profile that I created with it? Is it just in the registry? Profile Hive? Just in a net user user table?

I'm trying to create a custom user migration program that performs the same function as Windows 7 Migration Wizard did for Windows 10. (Yes I am aware that migwiz.exe can be used on Windows 10 just as easily - however there is some extra functionality that migwiz lacks that I would like to add in to my program) I would like to be able to move user accounts, cached user passwords, and user directories all in one go like Migwiz.exe does.

If anyone has an answer to my question or suggestions on how to accomplish my overall goal - I'd be much appreciative.

-CW
    Windows 10 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.959

crystalwolf111, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Net User command line question for Windows 10 :)

4. ryanly Win User

Net User command line question for Windows 10

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Net User command line question for Windows 10

1. Net User command line question for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Net User command

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  4. Command Line command question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  5. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line Questions: Trying to make a batch file with options to download, unzip & then run the exe file. I know how to download with authentication to a specific location. but how to I unzip as well? is it a separate command? I may have a few questions regarding this batch file I'm writing so if...
  6. Net User command line question for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Net User command line question for Windows 10: Greetings all! I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the net user command add that user to? It doesn't create a user folder as would normally happen during account creation. It doesn't...
  7. Net user question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Net user question: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home version and there is no indication of the WDAGUtilityAccount anywhere on my computer that I can find EXCEPT when I run the Net User command. I get two listings: Admin Account and Guest WDAGUtilityAccount Why is this showing up if I...
  8. command line syntax question

in Windows 10 Support
    command line syntax question: Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits. So I tried this code: wsprintf(buf,...
  9. Net User Command Limitations

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Net User Command Limitations: Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710
  10. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...