Windows 10: Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Discus and support Net User Commands are not working properly for me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I have a network of computers and when I try to delete an account, it states that the command was executed successfully and the accounts do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SomethingSomeone, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Hey, I have a network of computers and when I try to delete an account, it states that the command was executed successfully and the accounts do not show up with the command "net user /domain" in the list, as if they were deleted.
    But the problem comes in with me still being able to log in with the account that I "deleted", but it seems to be gone from the list anyway.
    Command I used to delete the account was: "net user (name) /delete /domain"
    Yes, the domain was correct for sure so I don't understand.

:)

SomethingSomeone, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 7, 2018
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Net View Command not working

I keep trying this command (net view) and it shows me "there are no entires on the list" on both Adminstrative CMD AND Normal USER- mode CMD. Any solution please??

Thanks

Malik

MαℓikSαhααя, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Net User Commands are not working properly for me

1. Net User Commands are not working properly for me - Similar Threads - Net User Commands

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  4. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Asking about the net users command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking about the net users command: Hi,I am new to Windows, and I have some questions as below1 The names in the net users command like Administrator, Guest, DefaultAccount, WDAGUtilityAccount are just lable to distinguish the functions of the accounts or is it really an account but not activated yet2 When...
  6. Asking about the net users command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking about the net users command: Hi,I am new to Windows, and I have some questions as below1 The names in the net users command like Administrator, Guest, DefaultAccount, WDAGUtilityAccount are just lable to distinguish the functions of the accounts or is it really an account but not activated yet2 When...
  7. commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse: mouse will not respond to the correct commandsould I have a undetected virus? have window 10 but I cannot make my key board or mouse respond to any commands correctly to make changes below...
  8. Net User Command Limitations

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Net User Command Limitations: Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710
  9. Net Use not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Net Use not working properly: Recently upgraded from 7 to 10 (clean install). When I use the net use command it doesn't quite work the same as it used to. In Windows 7 when I would run net use and include credentials, I could put the UNC path into the run command and the folder would open right up. Now...
  10. Net Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Net Command: Hi everyone, Every time I turn my laptop on a message appears that says "NET COMMAND" Do you want this app to make changes to your pc. It has only started doing it in the last week. Any help to stop it would be appreciated. 47554