Windows 10: Net user question

Discus and support Net user question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home version and there is no indication of the WDAGUtilityAccount anywhere on my computer that I can find EXCEPT when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smokdef20, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Smokdef20 Win User

Net user question

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 Home version and there is no indication of the WDAGUtilityAccount anywhere on my computer that I can find EXCEPT when I run the Net User command. I get two listings: Admin Account and Guest WDAGUtilityAccount Why is this showing up if I can't find it anywhere else I am supposed to be able to find it on my computer?

Thank you for your help

:)

Smokdef20, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Net user question 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Net user question

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Net user question

1. Net user question - Similar Threads - Net user question

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Account not listed by net user

Account not listed by net user: Good day,I am trying to login to a laptop using an account with administrator rights. Unfortunately, this account seems to be locked - when attempting to login I get a message stating 'The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to'.Following...
  4. Net User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  5. Net User

Net User: I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?...
  6. Net User command line question for Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Net User command line question for Windows 10: Greetings all! I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the net user command add that user to? It doesn't create a user folder as would normally happen during account creation. It doesn't...
  7. Net User command line question for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Net User command line question for Windows 10: Greetings all! I have a odd question. When you create a new local user using the "net user USER_NAME PASSWORD /add" command, where exactly does the net user command add that user to? It doesn't create a user folder as would normally happen during account creation. It doesn't...
  8. User Question.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Question.: Hi, I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10. When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not my admin user name. When I look in the Task Manager there is my other admin user as set up with Microsoft which is what I...
  9. Question about installing net framework

Question about installing net framework: in order to install latest net framework (4.7) do i need to install previous versions ? Right know i am already installed 4.0 version of net framework and i've a plan to update it. So do i need to install all of then from 4.5.2, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and the latest one 4.7 or i can...
  10. NET USER and Initial Bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    NET USER and Initial Bootup: Good Day, I disabled the Admin account but I have a user that just reboots the system and hits F8 and boot to the prompt thus running the Net User command. How do I prevent this? I have the WIN10 Pro machine joined to the Domain but doesn't make a difference. I...