Windows 10: Net User

Discus and support Net User in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ndajiya, Jan 16, 2022.

1. ndajiya Win User

Net User

I just used net user to list all the users on my computer. The only user that shows up is WDAGUtilityAccount. I only have one account on the computer. How do I see what my actual account with net user?

:)

ndajiya, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Net User 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Net User

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Net User

1. Net User - Similar Threads - Net User

2. No More .NET 5 support. What Should a Simple User Do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No More .NET 5 support. What Should a Simple User Do?: Now that Microsoft no longer supports .NET 5, what should a simple, private user do to remove or replace it? Any of the topics I have found on this are very complex and call for more systems knowledge than I have or want to have.EOL-MicrosoftEnd of Life Microsoft .NET 5.0 is...
  3. No More .NET 5 support. What Should a Simple User Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More .NET 5 support. What Should a Simple User Do?: Now that Microsoft no longer supports .NET 5, what should a simple, private user do to remove or replace it? Any of the topics I have found on this are very complex and call for more systems knowledge than I have or want to have.EOL-MicrosoftEnd of Life Microsoft .NET 5.0 is...
  4. No More .NET 5 support. What Should a Simple User Do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  6. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...: I've been trying to delete this user on my PC. I recently got thi "Other User" profile at sign in start up which I don't remember doing. I have tried looking for it through netplwiz but there's nothing there but my own profile. So i tried running cmd prompt through admin and...
  7. Wrong syntax in net user /delete? I can't seem to delete a net user and disable sign in...

8. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen: I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just displays my name all in lowercase. I do not remember the password and I do not have a USB drive for recovery. I was able to reboot...
  9. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen: I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just displays my name all in lowercase. I do not remember the password and I do not have a USB drive for recovery. I was able to reboot...
  10. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security