Windows 10: Net work discovery

Discus and support Net work discovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is it good to turn on network discovery? Thank you[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmaddox, Jul 21, 2019.

1. timmaddox Win User

Net work discovery

Is it good to turn on network discovery?

Thank you Net work discovery cd21e89a-ccf7-47be-8979-bcf87098df79?upload=true.png

:)

timmaddox, Jul 21, 2019

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Yu Huang Win User
    SSDP Discovery missing from Services.msc

Hi Expert,

Is there anyone could explain why the SSDP discovery service is missing from my WIN7 computer?

I am trying to turn on the network discovery, but it sees didn't work, then I following the Microsoft KB suggestions to start the below services:

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    when I trying to start SSDP Discovery, I found the service is just missing from my computer, I got no idea about that.

I checked in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\, no any key about the SSDP discovery service, then I export the KEY from one normal WIN7 PC, import to the one which got network discovery issue. But seems it's not working, I still cannot find the SSDP
    Discovery service in services.msc.

I have google so many troubleshooting, none of them worked for me. Please suggest,thanks!

Yu Huang, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Yu Huang Win User

Net work discovery

SSDP Discovery missing from Services.msc

Hi Expert,

Is there anyone could explain why the SSDP discovery service is missing from my WIN7 computer?

I am trying to turn on the network discovery, but it sees didn't work, then I following the Microsoft KB suggestions to start the below services:

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    when I trying to start SSDP Discovery, I found the service is just missing from my computer, I got no idea about that.

I checked in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\, no any key about the SSDP discovery service, then I export the KEY from one normal WIN7 PC, import to the one which got network discovery issue. But seems it's not working, I still cannot find the SSDP
    Discovery service in services.msc.

I have google so many troubleshooting, none of them worked for me. Please suggest,thanks!

Yu Huang, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Net work discovery

1. Net work discovery - Similar Threads - Net discovery

2. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  3. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  4. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  5. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

.NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  6. net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied: I have a brand new PC with Windows 11 preinstalled. All Windows updates are current as of today.When I open a command prompt and type this I get:C:\net share cdrive=c:\I get "System error 5 has occurred.""Access is denied."Why am I getting that error and what can I do to gain...
  7. net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied

net share cdrive=c:\ gives Access is denied: I have a brand new PC with Windows 11 preinstalled. All Windows updates are current as of today.When I open a command prompt and type this I get:C:\net share cdrive=c:\I get "System error 5 has occurred.""Access is denied."Why am I getting that error and what can I do to gain...
  8. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...: Every time I turn on my computer, this error message comes up. "Failed to initialize .NET Framework. Please try to re-install it." I am not well versed on computers. I don't even know where to find the solutions. Please help....
  9. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...: Every time I turn on my computer, this error message comes up. "Failed to initialize .NET Framework. Please try to re-install it." I am not well versed on computers. I don't even know where to find the solutions. Please help....
  10. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade